ERAS fellowship apps - ABIM scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skyblue2000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if you’re taking ABIM the year of your fellowship applications, do the programs you’re applying to get the results?

As in whenever the results come back (October or November) and use that in formulating their rank order list?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know if you’re taking ABIM the year of your fellowship applications, do the programs you’re applying to get the results?

As in whenever the results come back (October or November) and use that in formulating their rank order list?

Are you asking if your Abim SCORE impacts rank lists or whether or not you passed?

I’m asking if the ABIM score affects ranking?

I don’t even understand how fellowship programs would get our ABIM score (if its taken the same year we apply for fellowship), but my attending told me today that they do and use it in ranking.
So wanted to see if others have heard/seen this happen.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m asking if the ABIM score affects ranking?

I don’t even understand how fellowship programs would get our ABIM score (if its taken the same year we apply for fellowship), but my attending told me today that they do and use it in ranking.
So wanted to see if others have heard/seen this happen.
Your attending is a *****. And scores are not released in the way that USMLE scores are. Your IM PD gets a notification that you passed, but that's it.

Your attending is a *****. And scores are not released in the way that USMLE scores are. Your IM PD gets a notification that you passed, but that's it.
Lol was going to say the exact same thing. How could anyone besides the test taker themselves even go about getting the score? It’s not public just whether or not you pass. And I’ve never really seen this kinda thing factoring into ranking