ERAS fellowship question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TommyGunn04

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I apologize in advance for this somewhat silly and simple question, but despite multiple searches and after reading the 25 page PDF from the ERAS website I still cannot find the answer.

When applying for fellowships through ERAS, how do you send them your photo, transcript and MSPE? Are these uploaded from your prior med school, which has these on file from when you applied to residency programs through ERAS, or do you somehow have to get them sent again? If so, does your current residency program coordinate this? ERAS has those cover sheets to send in with your LORs, but doesn't seem to have any cover sheet for sending in an MSPE, transcript or photo, so I can't figure how they'd even know who these items belong to, unless they're uploaded by someone for the applicant.

Any insights? Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

All documents for fellowship application go through the EFDO (ERAS fellowship documents office). You can find the cover sheet to mail in all the supporting documentation at https://www.erasfellowshipdocuments.org/index.asp. You'll have to request copies of your med school transcript and MSPE to be mailed to you, then send them personally to the EFDO. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. Unfortuantely the website is down right now, and apparently will be down until ~Nov 5th. But Google has a cached version of it, so I was able to see the form you were referring to.

I wonder why this isn't clearly stated in all the ERAS documentation though??? This page has tons of info about the application process, but nothing about this form, only the LOR form:

http://www.aamc.org/students/erasfellow/resources/start.htm

As above, send this stuff to the EFDO.

One thing that may be helpful in terms of your transcript/MSPE is that most PD offices keep this stuff once people match into their program. I was able to get copies of these from my Prog Coord which saved me a ton of trouble trying to get it from my med school.