ERAS IM Chair letter.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medschoolaspirant

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow is last day to submit applications. I am yet to receive my chair letter (I am not only one not recieved in my school, almost all my friends havent received as well) , which is required. Hopefully it will come in next 24 hours.

if it doesnt arrive In time and comes late, What are my options?

1. shall I just submit my applications? Without it?
2. Am I able to attach chair letter later, once it arrives to ERAS, if I keep room for 1 letter?
3. shall i keep waiting if it doesnt arrive and submit ERAS apps late?

any guidance is appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same question but not from chair tho. I need one more LOR from attending who promised me to get it in. But I have not received yet and texted him few times and no result. I have submitted my ERAS with 1 letter open. How long should I wait for it? Does deadline tomorrow need all letters?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the same question but not from chair tho. I need one more LOR from attending who promised me to get it in. But I have not received yet and texted him few times and no result. I have submitted my ERAS with 1 letter open. How long should I wait for it? Does deadline tomorrow need all letters?

Thanks
Dont withhold your ERAS submission. At all. For pretty much any reason.

Most places will be happy with 3 letters. I try to get another letter from a 4th year experience you have now, and add that if your other letter doesn't materialize

Instead of starting a new thread I will ask here because it’s a continuation to this question.

I have 2 out of 3 LORs uploaded and assigned.

I have submitted and have applied to my programs. Hypothetically if my third LOR gets submitted tonight and I assign it to my programs, what’s next? I see old post telling posters to contact programs informing them that my application is complete. This doesn’t feel correct though, like the system has to be more efficient than that?!

People make it sound like programs “download a massive batch applications” and don’t come back to eras for weeks to get another batch…

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Instead of starting a new thread I will ask here because it’s a continuation to this question.

I have 2 out of 3 LORs uploaded and assigned.

I have submitted and have applied to my programs. Hypothetically if my third LOR gets submitted tonight and I assign it to my programs, what’s next? I see old post telling posters to contact programs informing them that my application is complete. This doesn’t feel correct though, like the system has to be more efficient than that?!

People make it sound like programs “download a massive batch applications” and don’t come back to eras for weeks to get another batch…

ARCOM can help w/ SOAP