ERAS - Including additional coursework from residency/posters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TBRaysgirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is everyone's opinion on including additional courses from residency and how to include them. For instance, I am applying to critical care and I attended the PFCCS (pediatric fundamentals in critical care) course last year. I have also done additional training in pediatric ultrasound. I would like to include them as I think it shows I took additional initiative, but am not sure if I should put this under "Other awards/accomplishments," or "work experience."

I have also heard that it is not kosher to include poster presentations on the publications if you were not actually the primary person presenting the research. Would this, otherwise, go under the research section?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

What is everyone's opinion on including additional courses from residency and how to include them. For instance, I am applying to critical care and I attended the PFCCS (pediatric fundamentals in critical care) course last year. I have also done additional training in pediatric ultrasound. I would like to include them as I think it shows I took additional initiative, but am not sure if I should put this under "Other awards/accomplishments," or "work experience."

I have also heard that it is not kosher to include poster presentations on the publications if you were not actually the primary person presenting the research. Would this, otherwise, go under the research section?

Thanks!
You could put whatever you want on the application, most people will be able to filter out what they think is important or not.

As for the poster presentation, I can't remember off the top of my head if there are different sections for abstracts versus posters presentations versus oral presentations. Either way, it's fine to list a poster presentation or abstract if you contributed to the work, but not an oral presentation if you didn't present. Additionally, you can expand on your role in the project under the "Research Experience" section. Again though, most people will be able to filter out what is important or not. I for instance, Pubmed search applicants to see what they've listed as an publications are Pubmed indexed articles, or just something they've written that wasn't really peer reviewed.

As for the poster presentation, I can't remember off the top of my head if there are different sections for abstracts versus posters presentations versus oral presentations.

There's a section for publications, and there's a section for research experience. There are no specific sections for presentations, oral, poster or otherwise.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's a section for publications, and there's a section for research experience. There are no specific sections for presentations, oral, poster or otherwise.

There actually are specific sections on ERAS - maybe it's new. There is a drop down to choose peer reviewed article/abstract/book chapter, as well as other articles, scientific monograph, oral presentation, and poster presentation.