ERAS - page 7 question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

H0mersimps0n

HMO CRUSHER
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Final polishing and have a question...

I'm a DO student.

some res programs I'm applying to require USMLE scores and some don't. I will be sending USMLE scores to those that do and not to those that don't. That's fine I'll just check the box to send USMLE or not check the box.

WHen I was going through my application profile tonight, I looked harder at page 7 and wondered if I should list that I took the USMLE there. Won't my profile be seen in it's entirety by any program I apply to?

If so, even if I don't send them my USMLE scores they'll see that I took the USMLE if it's listed on page 7 right?

IF I don't list the USMLE on page 7 will my scores not go out to those who I DO want them to go to?

The ERAS manual is nearly useless, they need to re-write it to make it helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

Why don't you just send your scores to all the programs?

If they don't require USMLE, I don't see how sending them will hurt. If, like you said, they all know you took it, I would think it would look bad to not reveal your scores--they might think you are hiding something.

Just my take...

If you could see them you'd see how they could possibly hurt. They weren't as good as my COMLEX scores.

There's just not good enough to send out to everyone safely but ok to send to those who absolutely require them...