ERAS Personal Statement Formatting Issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbentertainment

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how ERAS personal statements show up on the PD side when they are reviewing our applications?

For some reason I am having an issue pasting my PS onto the ERAS textbox. I have two versions of my PS both exactly 626 and 625 words. My version 1 fits perfectly onto the ERAS preview in under one page. My version 2 (which is 1 word shorter with identical character limits) goes over onto page 2 by 4-5 sentences. I have tried everything from reformatting/unformatting, to changing font size/type, but for some reason the version I want of my PS is still going over one page and my old version which is 1 word longer, fits exactly under one page.

Does the preview button from our side look exactly the way a PD will also see our application? i.e if my preview shows 2 pages, then a PD would have to click to go to a second page of my PS.

Or...when PDs view our applications, is everything from our application just downloaded onto a PDF file so it really won't matter if the preview shows that my PS goes over 1 page?

Members don't see this ad.

Try pasting it into notepad or wordpad to remove some of the formatting then copy it in.

There is also a "remove formatting" button on the text box you insert the text to on ERAS. Would try that as well. Make sure breaks between paragraphs are one space and not two.