ERAS photo requirements

Started by Giovanotto
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Giovanotto

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it safe to assume that if your picture was accepted on ERAS, even if it doesn't meet all of the criteria:
  • File Type: JPG/JPEG or PNG
  • Maximum File Size: 150 KB
  • Maximum Dimensions: 2.5 in. x 3.5 in.
  • Maximum Resolution: 150 DPI
it should be good to go? I can't get my dimensions to be 2.5 x 3.5 without over-pixelating and ruining the proportions of the picture. I realize this is a very neurotic question.
 
Yeah I would assume you are good. It took me like 4 different re-formattings to get mine accepted.
 
if you want to get the crop right and maximize your pixels, I made a brief tutorial on how to crop and resize it to fit their requirements: