ERAS Photo - smile?

Started by uscanmd
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ceylon-kandyen-chief-late-1800s.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Definitely going with the devil horns. Any thoughts on uploading your own digital vs. scanning in a pro photo?
 
It just has to be recognizable. That is all. Seriously. That's the main thing we ever used the ERAS photos for....to remember who the F the applicants were at the end of the season. It's hard to remember names....it's easier to remember faces.
 
Definitely going with the devil horns. Any thoughts on uploading your own digital vs. scanning in a pro photo?

Y'all are waaaayyyy too hung up over this. This does not even make the list of the top 1000 things to worry about during residency application/interview season. Seriously...about 10% of the apps I reviewed for fellowship this year didn't even have a picture, and of those, I can only think of one that we didn't invite...and not because she didn't have a picture, because her app sucked.
 
Last edited:
Last year I wasn't smiling in the photo. I didn't match.
This year, I am smiling like the Joker.