ERAS question about prelim years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emtji

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm applying into radiology....
now in order to add prelim medicine and prelim surgery years, how do I go about doing this? I mean, i know which programs have prelim years courtesy of that check box on FREIDA, but how do I make it clear that I want to add just the prelim year and not the full 3 year internal medicine residency program?

-thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

emtji said:
So, I'm applying into radiology....
now in order to add prelim medicine and prelim surgery years, how do I go about doing this? I mean, i know which programs have prelim years courtesy of that check box on FREIDA, but how do I make it clear that I want to add just the prelim year and not the full 3 year internal medicine residency program?

-thanks!
You should be able to check a box specifically for the prelim program. For example, if in ERAS you select "Medicine" at "State U School of Medicine", you should get a clickable box for both "categorical" and "preliminary". You can click one or both. Sometimes, you also get a box for "transitional." The transitional box will also appear if you select that "transitional" from the initial ERAS menu.