ERAS questions, please help

Started by koonafa
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

koonafa

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,
sorry to bother. But i have a quick ERAS question, as i'm applying for a GI fellowship this year.
When I look under the "Programs" section of ERAS and I click on any program, they offer several documents we can send, two of which are MSPE and Transcript from medical school. My questions are:
1) do most fellowship programs expect you to send them your medical school transcript and MSPE, or do i really have to contact each and every program i'm going to apply to and find out if they want it??
2) does it look bad if you don't send those two?
 
i applied last year and remember having to contact my medical school dean of affairs office to 1) get a copy of my dean's letter and 2) get officially stamped transcripts from my medical school; these were then sent to the ERAS office and subsequently uploaded. all programs (close to 40) downloaded both of these "documents"

whether they played any role in me matching, I really have no idea; neither my grades in med school nor my dean's letter were ever discussed in any interview

good luck
 
I had the same question after I just realized I need the MSPE. Most programs don't seem to list the requirement of a dean's letter so I'm not sure if I should email all programs and ask them or just send it by default. Do you have any update on this issue?

Thanks!