ERAS submission date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

incubate6times

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to make sure that it's September 15 this year, not September 1 like past years. 9-15 is what my school told us, and what I am finding the ERAS website.

Members don't see this ad.

so you're saying random strangers on SDN are a more reliable resource than your school and the ERAS website?

Actually, was confused too because everyone keeps saying Sept 1st, but I saw Sept 15th on the eras website too.
Guessing it has been changed to the 15th this year.

I called ERAS early this week. The representative said that The ERAS has changed the date for submission of application to Sep 15th.

ERAS releases applications on Sept 15th (change from Sept 1)
ERAS releases MSPE's/Deans letters on Oct 1st (change from Nov 1st)

Note that this is for MD's / ACGME programs. DO's / AOA programs use July 15th and Oct 15th.

Which makes totally no sense. Why would AOA programs get applications 3 months earlier, but MSPE's 15 days later? Who knows,,,

ERAS releases applications on Sept 15th (change from Sept 1)
ERAS releases MSPE's/Deans letters on Oct 1st (change from Nov 1st)

Note that this is for MD's / ACGME programs. DO's / AOA programs use July 15th and Oct 15th.

Which makes totally no sense. Why would AOA programs get applications 3 months earlier, but MSPE's 15 days later? Who knows,,,

Not to mention, it gives applicants to DO programs relatively no time to prepare, finalize, and submit their applications compared to applicants to MD programs.