ERAS - USMLE Transcript Release Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studyingforever

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took Step 2 CK at the end of August, so I will not get my scores until September 28th. I understand that if I answer Yes to the first question, My Step 1 and Step 2 CS will be released.

The second question is somewhat confusing. If I check "no" to this question about releasing NEW USMLE results...then on September 28th will I be able to assign the scores to programs through ERAS after I see them? Is it better to just have it automatically transmitted to avoid delays? I definitely want to get the scores out to programs on the 28th - but want to review it first (in the event that I did not do well on the exam)

Members don't see this ad.

I took Step 2 CK at the end of August, so I will not get my scores until September 28th. I understand that if I answer Yes to the first question, My Step 1 and Step 2 CS will be released.

The second question is somewhat confusing. If I check "no" to this question about releasing NEW USMLE results...then on September 28th will I be able to assign the scores to programs through ERAS after I see them? Is it better to just have it automatically transmitted to avoid delays? I definitely want to get the scores out to programs on the 28th - but want to review it first (in the event that I did not do well on the exam)

If you want the opportunity to review your CK score prior to releasing it to programs, then you need to select "NO" for the second option. You can still release the scores to all your programs after you've had a chance to see them, but you'll just have to do it manually. It's as easy as going on to ERAS and pushing a button.

Does answering Yes to the first question automatically send Step 2 CS? Or is that just because the OP already took Step 2 CS and has the results?

I just took Step 2 CS and don't know if I passed or not. I also answered "Yes" to the first question and "No" to the second question. Will I then have the option to transmit my Step 2 CS results when they are available or will they automatically be transmitted?

I already took Step 2 CS and have the results...If you checked "No" to the second question then you will have to transmit the score when you receive them. The second question only applies to NEW results from my understanding.

Does answering Yes to the first question automatically send Step 2 CS? Or is that just because the OP already took Step 2 CS and has the results?

I just took Step 2 CS and don't know if I passed or not. I also answered "Yes" to the first question and "No" to the second question. Will I then have the option to transmit my Step 2 CS results when they are available or will they automatically be transmitted?

Answering YES to the first question automatically sends any currently available scores (including CS). Again, if you want the chance to review currently unavailable scores before they are transmitted, you need to say NO to the second question.