essay help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTMAMBA

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone could read my essay asap! and help me with the current issues facing pt! please and thank you! I know that theres a separate thread but just need advice thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

You just started a thread a few days ago asking for people to list current issues facing physical therapy. Stop expecting others to do your homework for you. If you can't come up with some ideas and put together an informed opinion with all the resources that are out there, you should not be applying to PT school.

Not only has this question been answered multiple times on this forum alone, as I pointed out in your prior thread, but you also have the entire internet at your disposal. Stop expecting people to spoon feed you.

If you have specific, thoughtful questions about an issue relating to PT that you have researched and are having a hard time understanding, that is the time to come here and ask questions about it. The membership of SDN will then be more than happy to help you learn. If you are curious about the opinions of people in the PT community on a particular topic of interest, ask away. SDN users are always willing to contribute an opinion.

Learning about the things effecting the physical therapy profession is not a one time box for you to check in your application process, so that you can have some cookie cutter answers to give in an interview or an essay. It is something you should have been doing all along, over the course of an extended period of time, because you care about and are seriously interested in the profession of physical therapy and its future.

Please don't think I'm trying to be nasty to you. I'm just trying to hit you with a little reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
There are several different sources you can use to educate yourself on various issues impacting PT...these are some of the ones I have been using.

Are you still doing observation hours? If so, your physical therapist is a great source to use, although I suggest having more specific questions than "What issues impact your work?"

If you are still taking classes, your library likely has access to/copies of scholarly journals on PT. My library has physical copies of the PTJ (http://ptjournal.apta.org/?navID=10737423605), and I like to check them out and look through them to have an idea of what kind of research is going on. This can also help you formulate more specific questions.

I also suggest visiting www.apta.org, and looking around, especially at the strategic plan/vision.

Members don't see this ad :)
OP - if you are applying to a doctorate-level program, you should have enough mental horsepower to research the field and come up with a couple of current issues. It's not that hard.

If you are still taking classes, your library likely has access to/copies of scholarly journals on PT. My library has physical copies of the PTJ (http://ptjournal.apta.org/?navID=10737423605), and I like to check them out and look through them to have an idea of what kind of research is going on. This can also help you formulate more specific questions.

:clap: This is exactly the kind of initiative I was trying to describe in my first post.

OP - if you are applying to a doctorate-level program, you should have enough mental horsepower to research the field and come up with a couple of current issues. It's not that hard.

:highfive:

As always, @jblil is able to say in one sentence what I was trying to say in several paragraphs... :lame:

Doesn't seem like you got much help on this one but I have to agree with the others.

At first I had trouble coming up with some ideas on my own. I then sat down with a close friend and did a mock interview. This question came up and I blanked. She then said "quit trying to think into it and use what you know based on experience and the research you've done. Now name one thing.."
When I did this, I realized I could name much more than one thing just based on experience. I then wrote them down and did some research. Most of them were also issues that were on the APTA website.

Basically, my advice is, have someone else ask you the questions and you'll realize that you know more than you think you do. It'll also help you to know what to research when you can't answer the question in the mock interview.
If you are going to get into a PT program you can't have answers fed to you. Be resourceful on your own until you absolutely have to seek help.
Good luck!