Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Essay Q

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Neurodent, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Neurodent

Neurodent Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I will be mailing my application soon, and was wondering if I have to print out the essay on the Part 4 section of the app.
    Can't I cut and past it in the PDF file and then print it out.
    As for the rest of the application, why can't I enter my info in the pdf file. I really don't want to have to write it in.
    Maybe I mis-read the instructions, can anyone help?
    what if I fill it online, can I print it out and send it, or do I have to send it online. I prefer to mail it in with together with all my transcrips and letters.
    Thanks
    Neurodent:p

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    I'm not familiar with the paper application, so I can't answer your questions regarding it specifically. I don't see why you couldn't complete the essay in pdf and then print it.

I do know that if you fill out the online application, you must submit it online -- you can't print it and mail it.

And of course, my plug for the day: do the application online. It will save you time, and is far easier than the paper application. AADSAS will also process it faster (if you can believe that).

4. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    If it is a pdf file you can't just fill it out by cutting and pasting. That is the down fall of the Adobe PDF file. You need to print it out and then either type it or write it. Or you could just attach your answers on seperate pages. Please be a little more clear if you want a more straight up answer. What supp. application are you talking about? From the looks of it, I think only two are the main ones in PDF format: UPENN or UNLV.

DesiDentist

5. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    Actually, if you have Adobe Acrobat, you can write directly on PDF files that you have downloaded (or cut and paste, if you prefer). It is with the Acrobat Reader where this is not possible.

6. Neurodent

Neurodent Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Thank you for your comments.
    it was helpfull.

7. sallycinnamon

sallycinnamon Member
    7+ Year Member

hi there,

what i did for mine,which turned out pretty nice was manual-fed the printer. i printed the essay worksheet out, then measured the margins and went up to "edit page" in words to change all those measurements. then i re-fed the printer w AADSAS's essay worksheet (A15??). i had to redo it a couple times before my essay could fit on the sheet nicely. hope that helps.

- sallyc!