Essentials of Dental Assisting (Training Manual)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stanelz

RDA-->DMD
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so some of you knew I am currently an RDA and I work at a Comfort Dental in Dallas. Its a sort of private practice/corporate hybrid type of practice so it has qualities of both.

One unfortunate corporate quality is a high turn over rate. Through that I have been able to spend countless hours training new assistants and finally created a training manual of sorts to help new RDA's who basically learn nothing in RDA school.

I find that new RDA's know very little about how to actually assist because they are overwhelmed with terminology and the only skill they have out of school is how to take a decent FMX and a half decent Alginate impression.

With that said, attached here is the guide I put together to help them get off the ground. It is specific to my office but can be used as a general guide for new assistants. Please don't use it to poke holes in my terminology and technique as most of it is in laymans terms to help new assistants grasp the basic premise of things. A lot of the pictures and radiographs were taken by yours truly.

Hopefully this will be of help to those of you looking for ways to improve your application as a new applicant or reapplicant during your gap year. Also for you incoming D1's it will get you familiar with the procedures in a dental office and their steps.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19 users