Ether Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foxtrot

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried out the new Etherprep testing site? It looks like it just came up today.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone tried out the new Etherprep testing site? It looks like it just came up today.

Thanks

bump...

anyone use this yet? aside from the creators of the product:D ?

I subscribed about a week ago. So far I am about 60% finished with the questions. Here goes...

Pros: Questions are on a lot of the topics I remember seing on last year's test, extensive explanations with references, charting by suject and exams, computer-based, good images.

Cons: Only 260 questons, few early glitches in the testing system. Little feedback from others who have used the product.

Overall: Very impressive. Questions and explanations are much better than Hall. There were a couple glitches in the OB section when I signed up but I emailed them and they fixed everything right away. Still new though so I guess we'll have to wait and see. Any others wanna comment?

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems expensive for just 260 questions. It should have a lower price - especially to encourage people to try it out since it's so new and can't be resold like a book. Plus, each added user results in little variable cost to the makers of Etherprep. Poor business model in my opinion and not worth it for only 260 questions.

There are plans to increase the number of questions to >1,000 in the next few months.

-V

Decided to subscribe to it when I found out my department considered it an acceptable expense on my book allowance account. :thumbup:

Decided to subscribe to it when I found out my department considered it an acceptable expense on my book allowance account. :thumbup:

is it any good?

There are plans to increase the number of questions to >1,000 in the next few months.

Hmm. Just in time for ... next year. Looks like it's a nice study aid, but I think I'll pass for now.

$90 is a bit steep for two whole weeks access to 250 questions. Hall is $75 and has 1000 questions. Chu is $70 and has 350 (the 1993 ITE).

The 94 and 95 ITEs are pretty good sources of free questions, but while the key is available, you're on your own for explanations. Most of my ITE review the last month has been going through these two old exams and writing out my own explanations to them. Honestly, I feel like I'm getting more out of this than reading others' explanations.

Getting back to Etherprep though, the price & time limits seem a bit off. They're providing 1/4 the resource of Hall, at a higher price, while their distribution costs are essentially zero (in contrast to publishing and selling a book), and on top of that, you only get a short period of access. I don't really mean to trash a service I've never used, but it seems like there are better resources out there, for less money, under better terms.

I have yet to subscribe myself because of the high cost and the lack of any demo questions to get a feel for the format and if it is worth the cost. Maybe it will improve as time goes on.