Ethical Dilemma!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

athena09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview coming up, and one of the questions that I've been previously asked concerns an ethical dilemma. Except, I can't recall a personal experience regarding this. So i told them about a friend who saw somebody cheated on an exam, and told them what i would have done if i were in her situation. Do you think this is acceptable? For those in the same situation, what did you say at the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview coming up, and one of the questions that I've been previously asked concerns an ethical dilemma. Except, I can't recall a personal experience regarding this. So i told them about a friend who saw somebody cheated on an exam, and told them what i would have done if i were in her situation. Do you think this is acceptable? For those in the same situation, what did you say at the interview?

Ethical questions have intrinsic answers. It is testing your moral character and your judgment/ reasoning. Practice the reasoning - do not practice your answer to ethical questions. People who do ALWAYS come off rehearsed. I for one grade people down when they are rehearsed.

~above~

I think the OP is talking about a question like "Tell me about an ethical dilemma you have been in and what did you do about it?" rather than a "What would you do if x ethical situation arose?"

Well obviously it is not the ideal situation to have nothing to talk about, but your answer is better than saying you have no answer. I'm assuming you've tried to think of an example, but I find it hard to believe you don't have something.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm assuming you've tried to think of an example, but I find it hard to believe you don't have something.
Seconded. One doesn't live to the age at which one can even apply to pharmacy school without encountering some hard decisions along the way. Don't think just in terms of school/cheating, think broadly.

Interesting - the ethics question I have asked during the most recent interviews all stem from "If someone asked you to do something that went against your beliefs, how would you handle it?" In this question I am looking for both moral character and reasoning - how you actually think about what someone asks you to do, and then how you handle it.

It is a very different question to ask "tell me about an ethical dilemma" I suppose my question is slightly less open than the latter question...

Nice clarification

~above~

nvm

Last edited: