Ethical question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happypremed11234

Reaction score
Anyone have advice or examples of how to answer the interview question "name a time where you have acted in an unethical manner?

Members don't see this ad.

"name a time where you have acted in an unethical manner?
For the question you posed:
its-a-trap.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
We cannot answer it for you, but you wanted an example so...

Look up the original music video. I don't want to upset anyone with the directorial choices made in the music video.

(You can probably find suggestions from the internet. It's all about contrition. )

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am reminded of Crash Davis' advice to Nuke LaLoosh in the movie Bull Durham:

Crash Davis:
It's time to work on your interviews.

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh:
My interviews? What do I gotta do?

Crash Davis:
You're gonna have to learn your clichés. You're gonna have to study them, you're gonna have to know them. They're your friends. Write this down: "We gotta play it one day at a time."

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh:
Got to play... it's pretty boring.

Crash Davis:
'Course it's boring, that's the point. Write it down.

Your analog: I can't recall ever acting unethically. I've found throughout my life that honesty is the best policy. That said, I have faced ethical dilemmas. [Provide an example of an ethical dilemma that you faced, show how you considered the perspective of every party involved, and what you did to resolve it empathetically and gracefully].

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
That’s a bad interview question. There is legitimately no reasonable answer other than “that’s a difficult question. I’m sure I’ve made mistakes and could have done things better, but I don’t think I’ve ever acted unethically.”

Anything else is a bad answer

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users