Africa and Middle East Ethiopia

Started by laxyhead
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

laxyhead

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone from Ethiopia here?
Or can tell me about the state of the country?

I'm thinking about going to Addis Ababa for medical volunteer work.
Thanks!!
 
laxyhead said:
Anyone from Ethiopia here?
Or can tell me about the state of the country?

I'm thinking about going to Addis Ababa for medical volunteer work.
Thanks!!


HI Laxyhead,
I'm from Ethiopia, but I currently live in the US. I think it's great that you want to go there to volunteer in the medical field. Ethiopia is one of the most beautiful places and the people are so warm and friendly. The picture portrayed about Ethiopia here in the US and the reality are worlds apart. It's a beautiful, safe and welcoming country.
My dad is a neurosurgeon there, and he works in Black Lion Hospital in Addis Ababa. PM me and I can ask him if he can help you out. Good luck.
Meti
 
Hi laxy, I worked in Ethiopia with the ECA for a year. The weather in Ethiopia is excellent. Let me know which organization you are working with. Best of luck.