ETSU Colleg of Pharm Opening 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jplaster

Hippie-scum
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just read the news that the ETSU College of Pharmacy will be opening in 2007 instead of 2006. This will probably mean increased applications at my school, UACP, for next year's class, as I know several local people who weren't going to apply to UACP and instead go to ETSU, but now with the delay that would mean losing 2 years, comparing a 3 year program to a 4 year program.

Members don't see this ad.

The first class will begin classes in the spring semester (January 2007) and complete the first year’s requirements in the summer semester
This plan will result in a May 2010 graduation date for the first class as previously planned.

jplaster, people know about the Dean's disposition at the University of Appalachia College of Pharmacy.

I was unaware of the Spring acceptance. And I'm not sure what the dean's disposition at UACP has to do with anything. I wasn't trying to hide the fact, and it's even been discussed on this board, so I'm not sure what you were getting at. If you are implying that this will keep people from applying to UACP then I'm not exactly sure why that would be. Our status with the ACPE is still the same and the mission of the school has not changed. To think that a change of deans, for any reason, would affect accreditation status, is presumptuous at best.

Thanks for your reply Jeremy....

Dr. No, the situation with the dean has been over for quite some time. If you're talking about the current dean's disposition I would liken him to santa claus. Let a sleeping dog lie, ok?