ETSU vs. Wingate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vagolfer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I was accepted into Wingate about a month ago (about a week after my interview) and at this point I was in the applicant pool for ETSU. About a week ago I got an email saying I was on ETSU's official alternate list. Then, a few days ago I received I letter saying I was accepted into ETSU's School of Pharmacy. Now I'm faced with the dilemma of deciding which school to go to, as I was impressed with both schools and can find things I like about each. I was wondering if anybody could help me weigh the options of going to one school over another and if any current students could provide some insight on the programs at these schools. I live about 1 1/2 hours from ETSU and about 4 hours from Wingate. Any help is appreciated, I need to make a decision in the next few days. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No, I'm from Virginia. Thanks for the reply

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally, I would go to ETSU. I applied there for spring '07 (their inaugural class) but they only accept 6% from outside of Appalachian region of TN, NC, VA, KY. My dad is an alumni of ETSU and when he took me to show me around, I loved the fact that the pharmacy school is located on the medical campus, away from the main campus. ETSU's location is great (part of the tri-cities: Johnson City, Kingsport, and Bristol).

I think this is a decision you will have to make on your own.... I mean really, we don't know enough about you to give you advice on something like that. Thats like asking us "boxers or briefs?" Go wherever you think you''ll be happier is really the only thing I have for you....:rolleyes:

This is just pure speculation...I have nothing factual to back up my assertions. This is purely based on my personal political knowledge of the pharmacy academia world...It would seem to me that your 4th year clinical experience would be better at Wingate. Wingate doesn't seem to face the hostility that ETSU has had to face in regards to clinical sites in the area. That hostility comes from the University of Tennessee and also don't forget that the little amount of spots available for rotations, you will also be competing with students from university of appalachia.