Evening Primrose Oil + Aspirin Interaction?

Started by MaRph2009
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MaRph2009

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how significant is the interaction between Evening Primrose Oil and Aspirin? Clin Pharm did not pop up any interactions.. but Lexi-Comp says there is a major interaction..using the 2 in combination will increase risk of bleeding.
 
Does anyone know how significant is the interaction between Evening Primrose Oil and Aspirin? Clin Pharm did not pop up any interactions.. but Lexi-Comp says there is a major interaction..using the 2 in combination will increase risk of bleeding.

It can increase INR (on the warfarin interaction list), but I don't know that I'd consider it a "major" interaction with aspirin...
 
If someone was on long-term therapy (daily aspirin or warfarin) I probably wouldn't recommend taking them together. Micromedex lists it as moderate.