Ever totally f*** up an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrossCassowary

Alive and karate-kickin'
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got wrecked in a (residency) interview and just looking for commiseration. I was just embarrassed and laughing about it yesterday, but kinda feel sad today thinking about plan D, E, F, G and how I manage to continually screw myself over.

Pls share.

<3

Members don't see this ad.

I just got wrecked in a (residency) interview and just looking for commiseration. I was just embarrassed and laughing about it yesterday, but kinda feel sad today thinking about plan D, E, F, G and how I manage to continually screw myself over.

Pls share.

<3
Haven't had residency interviews yet in my career but DEFINITELY walked out of certain interviews thinking I screwed the pooch, it's never as bad as you think it was! It may not have been as ideal as you hoped, but it rarely is as bad as you think :) ex: I cried during my Mizzou vet school interview lol - they were asking me about a lab I worked at and I didn't have euthanasia capabilities at that point and I was in charge of caring for the birds but when one of them was sick, all I could do was hold them until they passed and I cried saying "no animal should have to die alone". I thought, well they're going to think she's too emotionally unstable and not capable of handling difficult situations in the clinic and was expecting a rejection but, I ended up getting accepted! Hang in there!

Reactions: 1 users
This is not inspirational like Moose's but... My first vet school interview was terrible. I got asked something about what I would do if there was a stray puppy that was relinquished but needed surgery and my staff wants me to save it - treat and take on the costs or euthanize? I responded with if I was in the financial position to do so, or if a staff member wanted to formally adopt the dog beforehand, I would fix it. They drilled me about it with very specific scenarios for like 15 more minutes, eventually I flipped my answer and said no I wouldn't fix it in some scenarios. Finally, one lady put her pen down and stared at the floor for the rest of my interview... it was pretty terrible. I got in the next year though!