1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever wonder?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Northerner, Sep 27, 2002.

1. Northerner

Northerner Coquettish Haberdasher
    10+ Year Member

I was thinking...does anyone think admissions committee members read SDN posts? maybe in their free time, or happen across the site and figure they'll check in on what we're saying about them, through this window into our sensitive insecurities, true feelings and somewhat safely anonymous forum for premeds to chat honestly....just something that crossed my mind...

Also, on an unrelated topic I've always thought that being on an admissions committe is about the best job and career choice of all time. They all seem to be so much smarter than the average person, with charming personalities. I feel quite strongly about this and will stand by it if questioned. In addition I think admissions committee members are more attractive physically than the average human.

Thank you and goodnight.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dpark74

dpark74 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

You are quite the comedian. I applaud you.:clap: :clap: :clap:
    One of the more hilarious posts in a while.

4. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

Well I know Lee wrote an article about that way back in 1998 or 1999. There was one person who was positively identified and got a little hassle from one school, and that happened last year I think. So I'm kinda conscientious about it, but I don't think they spend time on SDN trying to figure out who everyone is, just if they find something written about their school perhaps. That being said, I think someone with the right info, like the ones I provided in AMCAS, could EASILY figure out who I was. I told my friend about this site and he knew immediately who I was! That's kinda scary but oh well.

As an aside, I also think admissions officers provide a valuable service to the school and community. They are hard working people who are devoted to maintaining, no, improving the current state of healthcare through the careful selection of highly qualified future physicians. I have the utmost respect for anyone who tirelessly toil and sacrifice for the benefit of others, like everyone in the admissions committee obviously do.

5. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

I thought the person that was identified was talking smack about the med school where he/she was already a student? (i.e. not an applicant)

-RA

6. Cerberus

Cerberus Heroic Necromancer
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hmm, I thought that was through the TPR message board (the person getting hassled).

7. Pre-Dent-David

Pre-Dent-David Super Hero
    7+ Year Member

Admissions committeeare sexy sex achine/

8. Saluki

Saluki 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

How do you change your username? Not that I'm terribly worried, but at the same time, it's not good to have your personal information on the web anyway...

9. UCLA2000

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I think you'd be suprised... :D

10. ermonty

ermonty Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    It shouldn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out who/where I am. (maybe SpyKids :) ) But that's cool cause I don't say anything on here that I wouldn't say in the real world.

GO MCG! (Hey Dr. Thompson! :p )

11. cabruen

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It would take a bonehead to not know who I am. :D :D :)

12. Deuce 007 MD

Deuce 007 MD license to ill
    7+ Year Member

Basicly UCLA2000 is saying he's on the ad com, so those applying to U Penn he is watching you.:D

13. Bonds756

Bonds756 6 time MVP
    7+ Year Member

Another vote for yes, they browse SDN.

14. DW

DW Fix me some sandwiches
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    one interviewer told me he reads SDN and interviewfeedback (which are now one and the same) :cool:

15. wolferman

wolferman Member?
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    When I was at the University of Washington the other day for my interview, the two women at the front desk mentioned that they read SDN.

Hello ladies!;)

16. JM.

JM. The Yellow Dart
    7+ Year Member

When I was at NYMC, the Director of Admissions was giving her talk and she said, and I read that interview feedback on SDN, and some of them say the most off the wall things about our school... I just want to allay some fears, WE ARE'T IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, ect. I thought it was pretty funny - and due to that I am waiting to post any feedback until I get in somewhere...

17. meanderson

meanderson Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I've wondered why so many people in here prefer to remain anon. I guess I could see why if there were lots of ridiculous comments, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.....Michael

18. CRAZYTERP

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Just call me Jahidi from now on,I have nothing to hide:laugh: