Ever wonder?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Northerner

Coquettish Haberdasher
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking...does anyone think admissions committee members read SDN posts? maybe in their free time, or happen across the site and figure they'll check in on what we're saying about them, through this window into our sensitive insecurities, true feelings and somewhat safely anonymous forum for premeds to chat honestly....just something that crossed my mind...

Also, on an unrelated topic I've always thought that being on an admissions committe is about the best job and career choice of all time. They all seem to be so much smarter than the average person, with charming personalities. I feel quite strongly about this and will stand by it if questioned. In addition I think admissions committee members are more attractive physically than the average human.

Thank you and goodnight.

Members don't see this ad.

You are quite the comedian. I applaud you.:clap: :clap: :clap:
One of the more hilarious posts in a while.

Well I know Lee wrote an article about that way back in 1998 or 1999. There was one person who was positively identified and got a little hassle from one school, and that happened last year I think. So I'm kinda conscientious about it, but I don't think they spend time on SDN trying to figure out who everyone is, just if they find something written about their school perhaps. That being said, I think someone with the right info, like the ones I provided in AMCAS, could EASILY figure out who I was. I told my friend about this site and he knew immediately who I was! That's kinda scary but oh well.

As an aside, I also think admissions officers provide a valuable service to the school and community. They are hard working people who are devoted to maintaining, no, improving the current state of healthcare through the careful selection of highly qualified future physicians. I have the utmost respect for anyone who tirelessly toil and sacrifice for the benefit of others, like everyone in the admissions committee obviously do.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought the person that was identified was talking smack about the med school where he/she was already a student? (i.e. not an applicant)

-RA

Admissions committeeare sexy sex achine/

How do you change your username? Not that I'm terribly worried, but at the same time, it's not good to have your personal information on the web anyway...

Originally posted by Northerner
I was thinking...does anyone think admissions committee members read SDN posts? maybe in their free time, or happen across the site and figure they'll check in on what we're saying about them.

I think you'd be suprised... :D

It shouldn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out who/where I am. (maybe SpyKids :) ) But that's cool cause I don't say anything on here that I wouldn't say in the real world.

GO MCG! (Hey Dr. Thompson! :p )

It would take a bonehead to not know who I am. :D :D :)

Originally posted by UCLA2000
I think you'd be suprised... :D
Basicly UCLA2000 is saying he's on the ad com, so those applying to U Penn he is watching you.:D

Another vote for yes, they browse SDN.

one interviewer told me he reads SDN and interviewfeedback (which are now one and the same) :cool:

When I was at the University of Washington the other day for my interview, the two women at the front desk mentioned that they read SDN.

Hello ladies!;)

When I was at NYMC, the Director of Admissions was giving her talk and she said, and I read that interview feedback on SDN, and some of them say the most off the wall things about our school... I just want to allay some fears, WE ARE'T IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, ect. I thought it was pretty funny - and due to that I am waiting to post any feedback until I get in somewhere...

I've wondered why so many people in here prefer to remain anon. I guess I could see why if there were lots of ridiculous comments, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.....Michael

Originally posted by meanderson
I've wondered why so many people in here prefer to remain anon. I guess I could see why if there were lots of ridiculous comments, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.....Michael

Just call me Jahidi from now on,I have nothing to hide:laugh: