everyone in colorado (and the NW) OK?

Started by hoodle
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hoodle

UC-Davis DVM/PhD
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Goodness there's been a lot of weather disasters. First that big storm in Washington/Oregon/Vancouver - so many trees down and power outages! anyone affected by that? My parents went a week without power, which was nervewracking because we have horses but are on a well system, so we can't get water when the power's out. 😱 They made do - my mom had put out tubs and tubs of water before the storm, and I think it rained - but it was scary.

And now this snow in Colorado! Anyone stranded? any stories to tell?
 
I'm north of CSU and the wind blew most of the snow away!!!!!!! BUT CSU has tons of snow, well over a foot with some good drifts. They have closed most all the roads....
 
My old horses are south of the city - I am sure they are cold and miserable. Hopefully a lot of bottom biting is going on, make them run around to keep them warm.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got very lucky, I tried to avoid the travel rush and flew to AZ to visit family after my last final- but the snow storm cancelled my Wed. flight back to Denver. My bf got off of work at noon that day, and drove 20 miles in 3 hours home!! He wouldn't of been able to pick me up at DIA anyway because of the snow... luckily he got home to take care of the pets and I only got stuck at the Phoenix airport for a few hours before my family came back to get me.

After a day and a half with a busy signal, I finally got a flight back to Denver on Christmas day, so I am thrilled!! I have to admit, I am a little jealous of the two snow days I would have gotten, and I was looking forward to a three-day weekend with my bf after not seeing him much while studying for finals!

Rumor has it that the snow is up to my dog's head when he goes outside! Poor guy! And I feel bad missing work at the zoo, they were already short handed this week, but you can't change the weather. At least we can go out for a Christmas snow-shoe hike when I get home, and until then I can spend time with my folks. So it all works out, I just feel bad for those who can't spend Christmas with their families.

Merry Christmas, and good luck with applications to all! 🙂
 
I'm in that area too. There's a lot of snow, but what a way to kick off Christmas! We got around a foot of snow, and with my tiny car I wasn't able to get out and around at all yesterday. Luckily my roommate has 4WD, because I was the ONLY tech to make it to the clinic yesterday for two veterinarians. And despite the snow, we were BUSY! 😉