Everyone needs to resubmit?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sandflea

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i was checking out the princeton review message board, and several people who called amcas today were told that due to some kind of internal error, everyone who has already submitted their applications will have to do it over again. supposedly they're sending out an email today.

this is unbelievably ridiculous!! it took me FIVE hours to certify and submit!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I have yet to receive an email from AMCAS. And furthermore, my credit card has been charged $510 for 13 schools. I am considering this to be a rumor until i get an official email and I suggest everyone else to do the same. The people on the princeton review mesage boards are like a bunch of whiney high school students and I do not trust their advice or comments.

Members don't see this ad :)
rxfudd, you are totally right about the PR message boards. this board is so refreshing in comparison--people are so supportive and helpful. i was so tired of hearing 'my college is better than your college' and arrogance like that....

i haven't gotten an email from amcas either. i haven't checked to see if my credit card has been charged yet. i can't fathom that they would make everyone resubmit their apps, not after the trouble people seem to be having simply logging on.

let's cross our fingers and hope that amcas isn't THAT messed up....

Sit tight folks.... PR message board can be really off at times.... Wait for the "official" email.... If you're anxious to wait, I say spend a few hours on the phone waiting for AMCAS peeps to answer.... It'll be a worthwhile call to ease those that are anxious.... I'll cross my fingers for you guys :cool:

yeah, i used to go to pr review too, got tired of it. but even if they are right, i've got everything else done now, so it should be too much longer to get it certified and sent. plus even if they charge my credit card more, i'll just not pay it. haha.

"the glory of the past is an illusion. So is the glory of the present." Edward Johnston

I hope you guys are right! :D
but, I think that PR might be rigtht on this one. my friend works at a med school office adm and she said that the amcas just changed their programs/server to make all the stuff that they f***ed up right... so, some applications where fuc#*d up :mad:
why cant amcas get there act right.

We're just a bunch of guinea pigs. I feel so sub-human. I think I'm going to go chew on some wood chips. :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :eek:

well, it's tuesday morning and still no AMCAS email over here. resubmitting wouldn't be such a big deal if it would go through as quickly as it should. i purposely logged on in the middle of the night, when there'd be less traffic on the site (and when i did the majority of my work on my app), and it STILL took me five hours just to certify and submit. it was crazy. the sun was coming up when i finally got the 'thank you for submitting your med school app' message on my screen. i think i started to cry!

Relax you guys. You are just up against another weed out portion of the whole med school acceptance process. This one is designed to see if you have the aptitude to work in a professional manner with the patient who keeps coming back every six months having gained still another 10 pounds in weight and 10 PSI in blood pressure because he will not follow your advice on excerise and diet.

Originally posted by sandflea:
•well, it's tuesday morning and still no AMCAS email over here. resubmitting wouldn't be such a big deal if it would go through as quickly as it should.•
No email for me either, but on the PR board someone is saying he got one already. I should know better than to believe TPR's board, but if anyone can confirm or deny this, I'd like to hear about it here.

i did not receive such an email either.

no email received here either.

later

just got off the phone with AMCAS. if you received the "have a nice day" message when you transmitted, then your transmission was successful. They will send in an email in the next 2-3 days to confirm transmission.

Thanks, all. mdhopeful: thanks a lot for having the patience to stay on the phone to get the message you relayed. Much appreciated! :)

thanks, mdhopeful. that's good to hear.