Everyone please please use predents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrAvicii

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
And please update your link on the bottom of your signature Because this promotes a good web of info for other applicants to use. Thank you so much

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I completely agree. Predents is an awesome resource, and the more people who participate, the better. It is addicting though, so maybe we're doing a disservice by causing addictions............... Nah.

Just a friendly reminder since we're shifting to acceptance season next week. Use it. Keep it current. If it has been good to you, give a little back.

Maybe I'll start to use predents once I have enough to begin building my application. :D

And please update your link on the bottom of your signature Because this promotes a good web of info for other applicants to use. Thank you so much

Well, look at this hypocrisy, MrAvicii. Where is your predents? It promotes good web of info for other applicants to use. :)

Well, look at this hypocrisy, MrAvicii. Where is your predents? It promotes good web of info for other applicants to use. :)

true. i used to have one but people on here started to hate on me for being "blunt." so i decided to pull it. sorry gang.

true. i used to have one but people on here started to hate on me for being "blunt." so i decided to pull it. sorry gang.

No, Amalgam and doc_toothache are blunt. You are a confrontational as*hole. Yes, I know, it takes one to know one.

Members don't see this ad :)
mr avicii's profile is still there if you do a member search... although he will most likely take it down now...

There's so much love here mmmmm just makes me all warm inside

I'm confused... How is being blunt related to having your predents posted?? If you made a thread on asking people to use predents, you should probably dang well have your own posted lol :thumbup:

No, Amalgam and doc_toothache are blunt. You are a confrontational as*hole. Yes, I know, it takes one to know one.

haha i got balls what can i say :) if you dont like what you hear turn off the station. All I can say is that I help people that want help, those that dont are quick to mock. And yes I do believe a good argument brings out the worst or best in men. I do argue for the things I believe in, no differently than anyone else. I wont be going to class with the majority of SDNers nor have I ever been the type to please everyone. I have my ways and they work very well for me.

More people will update predents when accepted hopefully but they need to update everything for it to be accurate including all acceptances and all interviews.. Some don't list all their acceptances which skew the data.

Last edited:
I'm confused... How is being blunt related to having your predents posted?? If you made a thread on asking people to use predents, you should probably dang well have your own posted lol :thumbup:

Lololo:laugh:

More people will update predents when accepted hopefully but they need to update everything for it to be accurate including all acceptances and all interviews.. Some don't list all their acceptances which skew the data.

The data are already skewed. I don't think the sample is a representative one.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4p8qxGbpOk[/YOUTUBE]

He likes to discredit himself...

I second that. Predents is a statistical farce, at best. Every year, I am amazed at how many people promote this website as some great treasure trove of knowledge. The website is simply incapable of serving to disclose useful information if the information propagated does not even remotely mirror the relevant population and actual results.

1. Sample Size: The population serving the website is a minute fraction of the overall population of dental applicants. For most schools, the number of attendees listed each year is less than 15% of the actual class size - fewer than 5% in many cases. The numbers for interviewees and applicants are even more distant. And there is apparent bias towards certain schools, with regards to participation.

2. Validation: The entire system operates under an honor system. There is no verification process or measure of checks to mitigate falsely submitted information or incomplete information. Given the lack of anonymity, prevention of misinformation is not curtailed as users will have knowledge of other users and tie those users to adjacent websites like SDN.

Predents is a fine website for researching basic facts and figures about individual schools. However, the website's realistic viability starts and ends there.

I second that. Predents is a statistical farce, at best. Every year, I am amazed at how many people promote this website as some great treasure trove of knowledge. The website is simply incapable of serving to disclose useful information if the information propagated does not even remotely mirror the relevant population and actual results.

1. Sample Size: The population serving the website is a minute fraction of the overall population of dental applicants. For most schools, the number of attendees listed each year is less than 15% of the actual class size - fewer than 5% in many cases. The numbers for interviewees and applicants are even more distant. And there is apparent bias towards certain schools, with regards to participation.

2. Validation: The entire system operates under an honor system. There is no verification process or measure of checks to mitigate falsely submitted information or incomplete information. Given the lack of anonymity, prevention of misinformation is not curtailed as users will have knowledge of other users and tie those users to adjacent websites like SDN.

Predents is a fine website for researching basic facts and figures about individual schools. However, the website's realistic viability starts and ends there.

Anyone who approached predents thinking it's 100% accurate data and banks on that is a fool. The same goes for this website. It's full of a lot of trash and lying as well. You just have to be wise about what's presented to you and still use your own judgement.