You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Everyone who doesn't visit the pathology forum is a loser and no fun.
Started by yaah
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
One could argue that masochism, KK and elizabeth shue comes under the heading of "sexual frustration"....... and the smilies under "insults"
deschutes said:One could argue that masochism, KK and elizabeth shue comes under the heading of "sexual frustration"....... and the smilies under "insults"
Touche, my friend. Why don't you write up a critical essay explaining your thesis, provide 8-10 references, and I shall critique it for you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yaah said:Touche, my friend. Why don't you write up a critical essay explaining your thesis, provide 8-10 references, and I shall critique it for you?
Beware the germinating seeds of that low trick, the equivalent of telling a medical student - "That's a very good question. Why don't you look it up and tell us tomorrow?"
Is it germinating seed or exuberant overgrowth now.
Naturally I see through it as if it were glass.
deschutes said:Naturally I see through it as if it were glass.
Oh yeah, well:
Just kidding. I like Canada. Canada is much better than the west coast of the US. Just a gratuitous opportunity to post a family guy reference.
Family guy was a short lived TV show on the FOX network, BTW.
B
b&ierstiefel
deschutes said:Beware the germinating seeds of that low trick, the equivalent of telling a medical student - "That's a very good question. Why don't you look it up and tell us tomorrow?"
Is it germinating seed or exuberant overgrowth now.
Naturally I see through it as if it were glass.
ahahaha....i hated it when my attending would counter my question with a question or a damn homework assignment. so i stopped asking questions. then i paid for it on the evaluations. med students can't win...lol
yaah said:Oh yeah, well:
![]()
Just kidding. I like Canada. Canada is much better than the west coast of the US. Just a gratuitous opportunity to post a family guy reference.
Family guy was a short lived TV show on the FOX network, BTW.
I LOVE that show!
And, I do agree that this is MUCH better than the lounge!
I have a theory about this....One of my consistent observations has been the maximum number of people on the "Residency forums" has ALWAYS been in the path one....not to say that people who are on path do not have any work so that they come here to lounge.....
BUT, it is the relatively relaxed attitude the people who are in path possess and thus make the experience of lounging in path a wonderful one. This,compared to high stress stuff like IM or surgery, where the high levels of latent frustration cause them to vent on the forums in a sexual way or resort to insults.
But here in Path.......No Siree!!!!....It is one wonderful family. We like to talk about elisabeth shue,beethoven and mozart in the same breath and enjoy life in general!( I OBJECT to any Ms.Shue talk being sexual frustration!!!! I STRENUOUSLY OBJECT!!....How can anyone think a 12 year old boy s first love to be SEXUAL frustration!!!)
I just thought i d ramble ramble ramble why people on this forum are cool.....
End of story.
Quant
BUT, it is the relatively relaxed attitude the people who are in path possess and thus make the experience of lounging in path a wonderful one. This,compared to high stress stuff like IM or surgery, where the high levels of latent frustration cause them to vent on the forums in a sexual way or resort to insults.
But here in Path.......No Siree!!!!....It is one wonderful family. We like to talk about elisabeth shue,beethoven and mozart in the same breath and enjoy life in general!( I OBJECT to any Ms.Shue talk being sexual frustration!!!! I STRENUOUSLY OBJECT!!....How can anyone think a 12 year old boy s first love to be SEXUAL frustration!!!)
I just thought i d ramble ramble ramble why people on this forum are cool.....
End of story.
Quant
B
b&ierstiefel
group hug
AndyMilonakis said:group hug
Only if we include Elisabeth Shue, who if she were here would be frantically running away, phoning Daniel-San to come and kick our butts.
B
b&ierstiefel
yaah said:Only if we include Elisabeth Shue, who if she were here would be frantically running away, phoning Daniel-San to come and kick our butts.
Now why the hell would she be running away???
We're dead sexy!
AndyMilonakis said:Now why the hell would she be running away???
We're dead sexy!
Because the group hug would include a hot steaming turd! 😉
Gotta go do some reading - see y'all later.
No way!!! Once she comes for the group hug on this group....she is a goner...FOREVER....dan san?
im gonna dan-ce,im gonna dan-ce
on dan san's *ss
sans my ......?????......beeeeeer can!
yeah ....yeah
and give him a chop so hard
his ass is gonna turn tan!!!!!
jus rhymes....
couldnt do better...

im gonna dan-ce,im gonna dan-ce
on dan san's *ss
sans my ......?????......beeeeeer can!
yeah ....yeah
and give him a chop so hard
his ass is gonna turn tan!!!!!
jus rhymes....
couldnt do better...

B
b&ierstiefel
quant said:No way!!! Once she comes for the group hug on this group....she is a goner...FOREVER....dan san?
im gonna dan-ce,im gonna dan-ce
on dan san's *ss
sans my ......?????......beeeeeer can!
yeah ....yeah
and give him a chop so hard
his ass is gonna turn tan!!!!!
jus rhymes....
couldnt do better...![]()
![]()
Uh...yeah...ok quant.
2 quick questions:
(1) what substance are you on?
(2) can i have some?
I just had some wonderful stuff brewed in the deep bowels of earth(note the "bowel reference....our kinda stuff). Very very rare,extremely nauseating....
But it gives such a profound kick!!!!
A bad trip includes -wondering about NOT the existence of truth....but your own existance.....
Surveys all the aspects of human life forms, in all their physical,chemical,psychological,functional,microscopic,developmental glory.....
First Aid!!!!!!...but then im sure willing to bet you dont want any of that stuff....
Why does reading first aid make me so hysterical?

But it gives such a profound kick!!!!
A bad trip includes -wondering about NOT the existence of truth....but your own existance.....
Surveys all the aspects of human life forms, in all their physical,chemical,psychological,functional,microscopic,developmental glory.....
First Aid!!!!!!...but then im sure willing to bet you dont want any of that stuff....
Why does reading first aid make me so hysterical?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
B
b&ierstiefel
andy is confused
B
b&ierstiefel
oh duh...but why are you reading first aid? 🙂
::Cicadas drone on::
AndyMilonakis said:Now why the hell would she be running away???
We're dead sexy!
[Cut to the shower scene in Leaving Las Vegas...] 😱
Havarti666 said:[Cut to the shower scene in Leaving Las Vegas...] 😱
I still prefer the scene on the beach in KK I.
B
b&ierstiefel
Given all the hard work by yaah in putting together the FAQ section of our path thread, I gots to bump this up to the front page.
What's with the new tagline?
B
b&ierstiefel
deschutes said:What's with the new tagline?
I saw the tagline written on the wall in a bathroom in my research building. I thought it was clever. So it shall be my tagline for the week.
Plus, the compassionate pathologist thing was kinda stupid. It was more of a mockery of my medical school applications where you had to say all the right things to get in...I wanna be a compassionate and competent physician...I fully appreciate the art and the science of medicine...blah blah blah. I got into medical school. Now I can go laugh at all the silly things I said.
Damn if I hadn't forgotten your bent!
Make sure to visit The Writings On The Stall for such gems as....
Written on tank next to handle:
| Please wiggle Handel
Written below it:
| If I do, will it wiggle Bach?God I love the Internet.
Make sure to visit The Writings On The Stall for such gems as....
Written on tank next to handle:
| Please wiggle Handel
Written below it:
| If I do, will it wiggle Bach?
B
b&ierstiefel
Holy cow...apparently my tagline is written in more than one bathroom in the USA.
Shari's Restaurant
Shoreline, Washington USA 98133
Women's restroom, only floor
here I sit all broken hearted
tried to sh1t but only farted
then one day I took a chance
tried to fart and sh1t my pants
ok gotta think of something new...the above tagline seems lame to me now.
that site is brilliant. thx for bringing it to my attention...i will now go to bed giggling 🙂
Shari's Restaurant
Shoreline, Washington USA 98133
Women's restroom, only floor
here I sit all broken hearted
tried to sh1t but only farted
then one day I took a chance
tried to fart and sh1t my pants
ok gotta think of something new...the above tagline seems lame to me now.
that site is brilliant. thx for bringing it to my attention...i will now go to bed giggling 🙂
That avatar is going to give me nightmares tonight.
B
b&ierstiefel
deschutes said:That avatar is going to give me nightmares tonight.
Sweet dreams 😉
AndyMilonakis said:Given all the hard work by yaah in putting together the FAQ section of our path thread, I gots to bump this up to the front page.
If you really wanted to thank me and bump up a thread, you would bump up
this one which is much more entertaining to me. Of course, I could just bump it myself but what fun would that be?
I read this forum, because I find ririrri's quest to Match, enthralling.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Angry Mouse said:I read this forum, because I find ririrri's quest to Match, enthralling.
I believe Rirriri will match, because he has a love of pathology, a great enthusiasm, and a knowledge of the field. Sounds like he would be an asset to many programs.
Good luck to you Rirriri, and all the other Rirriris out there.
B
b&ierstiefel
deschutes said:That avatar is going to give me nightmares tonight.
OK new avatar for me...hopefully this won't be as nightmare-provoking as Beefcake Cartman
beefcake...BEEFCAKE...BEEEEEFCAAAAAAAAAAAKE!
I don't mean to sound sarcastic, but what is that glob?AndyMilonakis said:OK new avatar for me...hopefully this won't be as nightmare-provoking as Beefcake Cartman![]()
B
b&ierstiefel
deschutes said:I don't mean to sound sarcastic, but what is that glob?
that's an excellent question deschutes...why don't you go look it up and get back to us tomorrow? ok?
p.s. the door was cracked open and i had to step through it 🙂
p.p.s. the glob was the last picture of my thesis defense presentation.
You're not a clinician. You don't scare me. Nyah nyah nyah nyahhhhh!!
You do realize you still have not answered the question. What is it? Or is it top secret for which you would have to kill me if you told me.
You do realize you still have not answered the question. What is it? Or is it top secret for which you would have to kill me if you told me.
B
b&ierstiefel
deschutes said:You're not a clinician. You don't scare me. Nyah nyah nyah nyahhhhh!!
You do realize you still have not answered the question. What is it? Or is it top secret for which you would have to kill me if you told me.
In a word - yes. 😛
In a word - Copycat!! Smellycat!!
Oops. Sorry, smellycat.
Oops. Sorry, smellycat.
I read your message, took another look at your glob, then took a look at:
B
b&ierstiefel
deschutes said:I read your message, took another look at your glob, then took a look at:
![]()
yep...your powers of observation are quite impressive...good thing you'll be putting that to good use as a pathologist. that was the point of the slide actually...the actual slide in my presentation had a caption...the glob was saying, "Thank you".
*rolls around laughing*
I LOVE IT!!!
What did you think when you first saw that looking up at you through the microscope?
I LOVE IT!!!
What did you think when you first saw that looking up at you through the microscope?
B
b&ierstiefel
deschutes said:*rolls around laughing*
I LOVE IT!!!
What did you think when you first saw that looking up at you through the microscope?
Well honestly I was disappointed. I thought the glob would be more disordered...hence this is the bane of my existence now as I have returned to the lab to repeat some of these experiments. The problem is that it takes about 7-10 for these globs to form. Then I have to look at a lot of them to make up some sort of histogram as to severity of phenotype....hence lots of microscopy...but I love that kinda stuff. Turn on the heavy metal in the microscopy room...get my 5 CD rotation going...good times!
But the next day, I was like..."wait, this result ain't gonna keep me from graduating."...then i thought to myself, "this [glob] looks too cool...it's gotta go into my defense talk".
So more like a pimple-faced teenager than a potato smiley?AndyMilonakis said:Well honestly I was disappointed. I thought the glob would be more disordered...
It must've been the powers-that-be telling you to chill 😉AndyMilonakis said:But the next day, I was like... "this [glob] looks too cool...it's gotta go into my defense talk".
B
b&ierstiefel
deschutes said:So more like a pimple-faced teenager than a potato smiley?
It must've been the powers-that-be telling you to chill 😉
well i was hoping it would look like Cartman
The title of this thread is so true it deserves to be said again.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
B
b&ierstiefel
pathology forum lurkers are no fun too...you two know who you are 
luckystar said:Yay! I'm not a loser!! 😀
One must be careful here. It is like SAT problems.
If A is true, then B. If B, then not necessarily A. Remember those problems? All snipscrogs have blue hair. Does it follow that all blue-haired people are snipscrogs? Not necessarily!
Thus, if you do not visit this forum, you are a loser. However, just visiting the forum does not necessarily mean you aren't a loser. There are very likely plenty of losers who visit this forum. Like me.
However, I am willing to bet that the vast majority of people, including you, who visit are not losers. They are in fact superstars and loved by all.
Haha! Good points. I guess that's just one less check for us on the list of loser criteria. I'll take that as a win.yaah said:One must be careful here. It is like SAT problems.
If A is true, then B. If B, then not necessarily A. Remember those problems? All snipscrogs have blue hair. Does it follow that all blue-haired people are snipscrogs? Not necessarily!
Thus, if you do not visit this forum, you are a loser. However, just visiting the forum does not necessarily mean you aren't a loser. There are very likely plenty of losers who visit this forum. Like me.
However, I am willing to bet that the vast majority of people, including you, who visit are not losers. They are in fact superstars and loved by all.
AndyMilonakis said:pathology forum lurkers are no fun too...you two know who you are![]()
------------> 🙄 ------------> 😀 -----------> 😴
B
b&ierstiefel
quant said:------------>
------------> 🙄 ------------> 😀 -----------> 😴
I wasn't referring to you if that's what you're implying. I'm referring to my two fellow path applicants at U of M who, everytime I run into them, they make comments about the crap I post...but don't contribute themselves.
Go back to bed quant. It's past your bedtime.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 579