Everything is just slight below average

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akzeno

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone look at my mdapps link and tell me what you think are my chances of getting into an allopathic school?

Thank you so much everyone.

Link: http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=10525

Members don't see this ad.

your MCAT is a little low, but you are definitely applying to quite a few schools so you should hopefully make it past the first cut in at least some of them. I hope that you are applying to WI's state schools? I just don;t know which ones those are. Your EC's seem pretty good and im hoping violin will be your "hook." Overall, good luck! it's a crazy process as i keep hearing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you have an average GPA and average to slightly-below-average MCAT (depending on the school) and pretty good extracurriculars. You seem to have average Clinical and maybe a bit below average research.

You'll get into some schools as long as there are no redflags. Just remember to apply early and broadly.

You definitely have a chance, but I wouldn't be surprised either way. The reason is that the schools receive so many applications and it's tough for people with your Ethnic background, as many such people have high flying scores.

My advice is give it a shot and spend this year raising your BCMP (take the easiest Science courses you can at the easiest 4 year University, not Community College) and, perhaps, trying the MCAT an additional time or two. Hopefully you'll get in to an Allo school starting in 2009, but it may not happen. Good luck! Start plan B soon!