futuredocter

10+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2004
Status
Hey Guys and Gals,
Does anyone know how long post interview it takes for EVMS (Eastern Virginia Medical School) to let you know whether you are accepted or waitlisted or rejected. Appreciate it!

femme

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
Status
futuredocter said:
Hey Guys and Gals,
Does anyone know how long post interview it takes for EVMS (Eastern Virginia Medical School) to let you know whether you are accepted or waitlisted or rejected. Appreciate it!

I found out less than a month later.

dopaminophile

nerd extraordinaire
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
Status
It took them over a month for me, but Christmas & New Years were in the interim. As I understand it, they are pretty good about getting decisions out. All the best.

kwgold

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2004
Status
5 weeks, 3 days and counting....
However, to EVMS' credit, the ad office has been great about being honest and informative when I call. There is supposed to be a committee meeting tonight, so I'm thinking all January interviews and maybe the early February ones should be sent decisions (by mail) tomorrow.

krebse

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
took me a little over a month with Thanksgiving falling in between my interview and when I got word...by the way, for any of you waitlisters, call Dr. McCombs and ask him what you can do to improve your candidacy, he's the ****...

aprince80

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2004
Status
I found out in two weeks, but I really think it depends on when your interview is in relation to the committee meeting, I interviewed Jan. 14th. and found out on Jan. 31st. Best of luck to everyone!!

kwgold

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2004
Status
aprince80 said:
I found out in two weeks, but I really think it depends on when your interview is in relation to the committee meeting, I interviewed Jan. 14th. and found out on Jan. 31st. Best of luck to everyone!!

:scared: Uh-Oh. I interviewed with you, and I'm still waiting. It sounds like you got in, but I know that is always a dangerous assumption. Is it possible they review kids with the same interview date at different committees? Are you a VA resident? Your post has only added to my paranoia. Pathetic, I know.

Hey, I looked up your other posts to see if I could figure out your residency, and I realized who you were. We sat together after lunch, while waiting for interviews. I hope your husband's new job goes well and that you end up loving the school at VT (VCOM is it?) I'm still curious what you heard back from EVMS? PM me if you would like.

aprince80

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2004
Status
Hi! Good to hear from you and thanks for the support. I just found out last week that I got into VCOM and will be attending there, I'm very excited.

I should have been more clear on my post. I did get accepted into EVMS, but I'm VA resident and a legacy, which they both take into consideration, so I wouldn't be worried. And, I initally accepted and paid the deposit but will be withdrawing, so there will be a new spot open.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you get into the school you want to go to. EVMS was great and I really loved it but it's best for me and my family to be at VT.

kwgold

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2004
Status
kwgold said:
5 weeks, 3 days and counting....
However, to EVMS' credit, the ad office has been great about being honest and informative when I call. There is supposed to be a committee meeting tonight, so I'm thinking all January interviews and maybe the early February ones should be sent decisions (by mail) tomorrow.
Well, I called today and was told it would be next week before I would hear anything. This is slightly frustrating, because I love EVMS and would really like to decline upcoming interviews (open them up for other people and save some cash).

5 Weeks, 4 days, and counting...

Not quite the 2-4 weeks we were promised. Unfortunately, it looks like the acceptances are what went out in 2-4 weeks. Guess I better get used to waiting for EVMS.

subtle1epiphany

Junior Faculty
15+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2003
UIowa <- UNM <- MSU <- SoCal
www.msu.edu
Status
Attending Physician
Interviewed on 2/2
Waitlisted on 2/11

That was fast! I guess they either met really soon after my interview, or they knew what they wanted. Luckily, I found out today that I'm in the top 1/3, so I've got a good shot of getting in! Wish me luck!!!

kwgold

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2004
Status
subtle1epiphany said:
Interviewed on 2/2
Waitlisted on 2/11
WHAT IS GOING ON HERE! Is it the out of state curse? Am I being investigated or something? I've never heard of a school that doesn't notify the same interview group at the same time. I interviewed on 1/14... somebody give me some piece of mind.

chocolate-e

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2002
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
kwgold said:
WHAT IS GOING ON HERE! Is it the out of state curse? Am I being investigated or something? I've never heard of a school that doesn't notify the same interview group at the same time. I interviewed on 1/14... somebody give me some piece of mind.
I don't know ... but I'm in-state, interviewed on 1/28, and haven't heard a thing.

Ignorance is bliss ...

tinkerbelle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2003
Neverland
Status
Attending Physician
kwgold said:
Maybe they're just not sure about you. Perhaps some absolutely love you and others feel you're such a great out-of-state candidate, that you'll probably get into your state schools. Or perhaps your interviewers took a long time to return their evaluation. It could be a bunch of things. It took them a while to get back to me as well (and i was eventually waitlisted). And like you, people who interviewed the same day I did found out weeks earlier.

Maybe you should call and see whether your file has even been to the committe yet.

Good luck :luck:

bigbassinbob

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2004
Status
Medical Student
I just found out I have an interview at EVMS very soon, but it was supposed to be back in September!!! I called the admissions office just to see what was going on with my app since I had not heard from them in like 6 months, and they tell me this. Apparently the email got lost or something. I should have called earlier. Kinda pisses me off. Oh well. Any idea how many spots are left for out-of-staters?

kwgold

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2004
Status
tinkerbelle said:
Maybe you should call and see whether your file has even been to the committe yet.
Supposedly it went (again?) on Monday. But when I called on tuesday, they said that the information was not back yet. :confused: I guess I'll wait another week. The only problem is that I have a pending interview that I would prefer to decline in favor of EVMS...

kwgold

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2004
Status
bigbassinbob said:
I just found out I have an interview at EVMS very soon, but it was supposed to be back in September!!! I called the admissions office just to see what was going on with my app since I had not heard from them in like 6 months, and they tell me this. Apparently the email got lost or something. I should have called earlier. Kinda pisses me off. Oh well. Any idea how many spots are left for out-of-staters?
Sorry, that's happened to me too. One school wouldn't even reschedule the interview. Another called me the day before and asked if I was planning to come to the interview I didn't know I had. Thankfully, they rescheduled. Best of luck to you. I don't know anything about spots. One girl from CA at my interview said the office told her all OOS spots were given out for now, but don't trust hearsay. Go in with the mentality that you're vying for a real spot, you'll do much better. Good Luck.