EVMS Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well. Called today.

Got the expected response. No waitlist movement.

I figured I'd check to see, it doesn't sound like anybody's getting any deferrals any time soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Depakote said:
Well. Called today.

Got the expected response. No waitlist movement.

I figured I'd check to see, it doesn't sound like anybody's getting any deferrals any time soon.

Nope ... sorry it is so depressing/stagnant, but there isn't much else we all can do. I'm getting sick of all the optimism and good luck at this point, but then again, we're still going to be here for the next few weeks anyways so might as well be running on fumes than running on empty ...

How about you go out and by yourself a cookie or some other equally sugar-coated distraction? :p

Vincir said:
Nope ... sorry it is so depressing/stagnant, but there isn't much else we all can do. I'm getting sick of all the optimism and good luck at this point, but then again, we're still going to be here for the next few weeks anyways so might as well be running on fumes than running on empty ...

How about you go out and by yourself a cookie or some other equally sugar-coated distraction? :p

I had a really interesting convo with my PI and my Supervisor today. Basically I told them I might have to leave on incredibly short notice if I get in. Sort of awkward, but my PI was really understanding.

Members don't see this ad :)
Depakote said:
I had a really interesting convo with my PI and my Supervisor today. Basically I told them I might have to leave on incredibly short notice if I get in. Sort of awkward, but my PI was really understanding.

Ha ... my bosses know I would drop them in a quick minute were I to get a call :D (but they still love me)

Depakote said:
It was pretty funny with my PI actually. He threatened to admit me for psychiatric testing if I didn't go.

I had a meeting with Dr. Solhaug and he said there hasn't been movement at all and he doubts that there will be. Thought you all wanted to know :-(

Da Nealson said:
I had a meeting with Dr. Solhaug and he said there hasn't been movement at all and he doubts that there will be. Thought you all wanted to know :-(

Thanks for the information - that is the best bit of something we have had in a while. I just wish I could have received a response back from Solhaug or his secretary so I could have heard it from him directly as well.

( I would be crushed by this news save for the fact that in two years of waitlists I have come to expect the unexceptional :p )

Holy ****, guys! They just called me! I'm in!!!! In like a dirty shirt. My head's spinning!!

LusuR said:
Holy ****, guys! They just called me! I'm in!!!! In like a dirty shirt. My head's spinning!!
Well there goes the not expecting any movement line...

Ok. Male? Female? In state? Out of State?

God, I think I could throw up if this day goes any better.

Wow, I hope this doesn't cause too much anxiety.

I'm a WaMOOSer. They let a real live WaMOOSer in! Possibly by accident, but hey, they'll be contractually obligated to let me attend.

I've been "so high" (says one of the admissions ladies) in the upper third since January.

Anything else you guys want to know??

Must...go...to...liquor...store.....

Keep the faith guys. I have proof that they'll let ANYBODY in. :luck:

Da Nealson said:

LusuR said:
I'm a WaMOOSer. They let a real live WaMOOSer in! Possibly by accident, but hey, they'll be contractually obligated to let me attend.

Well I'm glad they let a white MOOSe in but now I just don't know quite what to think about this whole thing. Should I have hope or was it just a fluke? Excuse me for a second ... :barf:

LusuR said:
Wow, I hope this doesn't cause too much anxiety.

I've been "so high" (says one of the admissions ladies) in the upper third since January.

Anything else you guys want to know??

Must...go...to...liquor...store.....

Keep the faith guys. I have proof that they'll let ANYBODY in. :luck:
meh. waitlists cause anxieity by definition. Congrats.

Might join you at the liquor store.

Vincir said:
Well I'm glad they let a white MOOSe in but now I just don't know quite what to think about this whole thing. Should I have hope or was it just a fluke? Excuse me for a second ... :barf:

My confusion deepens ... I just called the office and asked whether there had been any movement on the OOS waitlist recently (for which we know the answer is yes) and I was told that "no there has not been anything recently." Why do I even bother? :barf:

Vincir said:
My confusion deepens ... I just called the office and asked whether there had been any movement on the OOS waitlist recently (for which we know the answer is yes) and I was told that "no there has not been anything recently." Why do I even bother? :barf:
Your multiple vomiting smileys and the current state of admissions leads me to do one and only one thing...

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Called.

Same as always.

No movement. No signs of future movement. Just stay in contact.
sigh.gif

Depakote said:
Called.

Same as always.

No movement. No signs of future movement. Just stay in contact.
sigh.gif

Bah, I don't even bother telling them my name anymore ... I think it brings both the person on the phone and me down to say I'm still at the top of something that doesn't move.

It's like camping out all summer for tickets to a concert, where the box office doesn't open. :sigh:

It's like ... a black fly in your chardonnay ... :laugh:

Vincir said:
Bah, I don't even bother telling them my name anymore ... I think it brings both the person on the phone and me down to say I'm still at the top of something that doesn't move.

It's like camping out all summer for tickets to a concert, where the box office doesn't open. :sigh:

It's like ... a black fly in your chardonnay ... :laugh:
Bump for the sake of... ah why the hell not?

here's a pretty picture for your trouble...

Puppy_Pile.jpg

Thanks for the cute overload ...

I called today and specifically asked for a status check. The lady tried to tell me up front that nothing had happened, but she offered to look anyways ... nothing has happened. Same for my other school I'm waitlisted at, but its deadline is Monday :p

I called yesterday, and there hasn't been any movement. Classes start soon too. :(

Depakote said:
Bump for the sake of... ah why the hell not?

here's a pretty picture for your trouble...

Puppy_Pile.jpg

omg...so I have nothing to do w/ EVMS... but I couldn't help but post because that picture is pretty darn close to the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: