EVMS getting back to you

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

senioritaelena

Let's go
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Roughly how long did people wait to hear back from EVMS after interview?? Did you hear back by mail, email or phone??

Members don't see this ad.

I believe they snail everything, but 3(?) weeks after your interview you can call and ask about your decision, and if it's been made they will tell you what it is.

Robizzle,
did you interview there? if so, are you a resident of VA and what was your outcome?

Members don't see this ad :)
Robizzle,
did you interview there? if so, are you a resident of VA and what was your outcome?

HEy Elena,

I interviewd 9/23 (first interview ever) and got waitlisted 10/15 or something. Not a resident of VA. In fact, everyone I talked to got waitlisted (except SDNers). They're big on that, but the WL moves a lot I believe. Either way, I withdrew already.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them too. They said it would be about three weeks. Some people said that they called in about two weeks and they had their decision.

Robizzle and I had pretty much the same experiences this year. I interviewed in Sept and heard a result about 3 weeks later (called them). The letter followed not long after. Waitlisted, in-state. Ah well. I think they are really missing out on some good candidates by the way they conduct their admissions process. I dislike a number of aspects of it, including their use of the pseudo stress interview and their emphasis on which undergrad school you attended (I have heard that certain schools get preferentially put on a waitlist for instance, in favor of trying to get bigger name schools into their class). My interview, although I was told that it went well, included very little conversation about me as a candidate. They were more interested in seeing how I would respond to tough ethics questions than talking about my experiences and qualities as an applicant. So I came away feeling like they knew very little about me beyond what was written in my amcas.

At my interview, I had a pretty tough panel. I gave some great answers that made them drop their jaw and not ask any further questions, and I made them laugh a couple of times with questions I asked and we had a great dynamic. However, they certainly know how to press buttons to see if you would change your answers and they got me on things I didnt know about. Good luck to the future EVMS interviewers :) Also something funny- I met someone on the trail there that knew me from SDN- talk about a small world. All in all the experience was good although I wish I got to travel out to VA beach. Im trying to locate all the email addresses of the interviewers but only found one online- did everyone here pretty much mail in a thank you card?

Im trying to locate all the email addresses of the interviewers but only found one online- did everyone here pretty much mail in a thank you card?

I want to do this, but I do not even remember the names of my interviewers. I may try to call the school on Monday and ask who they were. Is that a good idea or does it make me look like I wasn't paying enough attention? Do thank yo cards really do anything anyways? By the way, my interview was pretty chill, only 1 ethical questiona nd a question about US and Canada health care comparisson. Not too much laughter though. Well, I'm going to call the in two weeks to see what's up.