Exam at 830...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I had to take a 3000 level elective related to biology. I chose Biopsychology because it has a large componet of pharmacology - good idea right??? So turns out, its a history course of Neuropsychology. While I think it is interesting studying what Hippocrates brought to the field of neuropsychology - I would rather waste my sleep studying a little more relavent information - like maybe something from the past millenia!!!

Of all the things I want to do right now... sleep would be at the type - seeing as thats not a choice - I guess its me and good old hippo... Such is the life of a bio major... how nice would it be to be a nutritionalist? 😡

~above~
 
So I had to take a 3000 level elective related to biology. I chose Biopsychology because it has a large componet of pharmacology - good idea right??? So turns out, its a history course of Neuropsychology. While I think it is interesting studying what Hippocrates brought to the field of neuropsychology - I would rather waste my sleep studying a little more relavent information - like maybe something from the past millenia!!!

Of all the things I want to do right now... sleep would be at the type - seeing as thats not a choice - I guess its me and good old hippo... Such is the life of a bio major... how nice would it be to be a nutritionalist? 😡

~above~

What's a nutritionalist? Did you mean nutritionist? 🙄
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Neuropsychology sounds interesting. Except for the history part that you are apparently studing right now. I dont remember having classes like that around when I was in undergrad. Of course I wasnt looking for them either. .

Good luck.
 
[QUOTEhow nice would it be to be a nutritionalist? 😡

~above~[/QUOTE]

It's funny you should say that. Me and my fellow biochem majors used to say the same about bio majors.😉
 
[QUOTEhow nice would it be to be a nutritionalist? 😡

~above~

It's funny you should say that. Me and my fellow biochem majors used to say the same about bio majors.😉[/QUOTE]

If I didn't know better, I'd say you were making fun of me... HAHAH - considering were both on this forum, Id wager you have as much chance of using your degree as I do of using mine (zero %). For what its worth - there is a 2 class difference between my Bio degree and the Biochem degree ... I wonder what Nutrition majors say??? They wish they were English majors???

~above~
 
It's funny you should say that. Me and my fellow biochem majors used to say the same about bio majors.😉

If I didn't know better, I'd say you were making fun of me... HAHAH - considering were both on this forum, Id wager you have as much chance of using your degree as I do of using mine (zero %). For what its worth - there is a 2 class difference between my Bio degree and the Biochem degree ... I wonder what Nutrition majors say??? They wish they were English majors???

~above~[/QUOTE]

Nutrition majors are glad they chose nutrition before applying to pharmacy school. 😎 There are only a few prerequistes left after a BS in nutrititon. Depending on the school appying to, usually those with a BS in nutrition are lacking physics, calculus, and maybe 1 or 2 upper level science classes such as immunolgy or genetics. Plus, while in pharmacy school, we can do contract work as a consultant in our field and make $40-50 an hr.
That's why I "picked" at your first post. I thought you were making fun of us. 🙄
 
The bio majors at my school have such a flexible schedule with their electives while us biochem have like 4 electives to choose from and they sound like this: Molecular Pathways; Proteomics & Structural Genomics; Mol. Bio. Gene Regulation & Development... while bio majors get to take ecology! COME ON! hehe venting


Ohh!! AND we have to take physical chemistry - so irrelevant yet so hard
 
The bio majors at my school have such a flexible schedule with their electives while us biochem have like 4 electives to choose from and they sound like this: Molecular Pathways; Proteomics & Structural Genomics; Mol. Bio. Gene Regulation & Development... while bio majors get to take ecology! COME ON! hehe venting


Ohh!! AND we have to take physical chemistry - so irrelevant yet so hard

Yeah - the 2 courses are Analytical and Physical Chem - who the F wants to take them??? haha - I'm not downing anybody - I really was just posting about how frustrated I was studying a worthless course at 1 in the morning. Pharmacology or A&P at 1 is ok, History of Neuropsychology is just a waste of time.

Sorry if I ruffled some feathers - your majors are wonderful... better?😉

~above~
 
Yeah - the 2 courses are Analytical and Physical Chem - who the F wants to take them??? haha - I'm not downing anybody - I really was just posting about how frustrated I was studying a worthless course at 1 in the morning. Pharmacology or A&P at 1 is ok, History of Neuropsychology is just a waste of time.

Sorry if I ruffled some feathers - your majors are wonderful... better?😉

~above~

Ok, better. 😀
 
Yeah - the 2 courses are Analytical and Physical Chem - who the F wants to take them??? haha - I'm not downing anybody - I really was just posting about how frustrated I was studying a worthless course at 1 in the morning. Pharmacology or A&P at 1 is ok, History of Neuropsychology is just a waste of time.

Sorry if I ruffled some feathers - your majors are wonderful... better?😉

~above~


Much better! lol, no, I was just venting bc my physical chemistry class is just horrible, bad teacher, not interesting topic... in danger of making C's. The professor actually suggested not taking pchem senior year - in case you fail!!! how horrible!

But I agree, a history class would NOT be on my "to study" list.... nor would world mythology, sounds fun eh? pain in the butt!