Exam is two weeks away, how am I doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlmostADoctor1996

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am two weeks away from taking the MCAT and I am trying to get a gauge for where I am at. If I am posting in the wrong area of SDN, please move me to the correct area.

Below are my practice exam scores:

Kaplan FL 1-11(completed over the last few months): Average is about a 512, but I score anywhere from 510-516
AAMC QPacks (completed in the last few days): Bio1-93%, Bio2-95%, Chem-95%,Physics-91%, CARS1-68%, CARS2-70% (CARS completed a few months ago)
AAMC Section Banks (completed 2-3 months ago): B/B-76%, P/S-66%, C/P-69%
AAMC Unscored Sample Test (completed last weekend): overall 82.25% (76%/85%/85%/83%)
AAMC OG Questions (completed today): overall 106/120 (BB-25/CP-26/PS-27/CARS-28)

I plan on taking the two AAMC scored exams within the next week. CARS is sort of a wildcard for me, but lately I feel like I've been improving. I'd like to score in the 515+ range, please let me know if you think I am on track. Any feedback is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, I am two weeks away from taking the MCAT and I am trying to get a gauge for where I am at. If I am posting in the wrong area of SDN, please move me to the correct area.

Below are my practice exam scores:

Kaplan FL 1-11(completed over the last few months): Average is about a 512, but I score anywhere from 510-516
AAMC QPacks (completed in the last few days): Bio1-93%, Bio2-95%, Chem-95%,Physics-91%, CARS1-68%, CARS2-70% (CARS completed a few months ago)
AAMC Section Banks (completed 2-3 months ago): B/B-76%, P/S-66%, C/P-69%
AAMC Unscored Sample Test (completed last weekend): overall 82.25% (76%/85%/85%/83%)
AAMC OG Questions (completed today): overall 106/120 (BB-25/CP-26/PS-27/CARS-28)

I plan on taking the two AAMC scored exams within the next week. CARS is sort of a wildcard for me, but lately I feel like I've been improving. I'd like to score in the 515+ range, please let me know if you think I am on track. Any feedback is appreciated!

You look to be on the right track of scoring a solid 510+, the two AAMC scored exams will be an accurate representation of what you can expect from your MCAT in two weeks (of course with a standard deviation of 2-3 points).

I took the MCAT last May. My highest Kaplan FL was 509 but I only ever took 4 FLs (oops) and I think I scored at least 80% on all sections of the AAMC unscored sample test. On the AAMC scored sample test I got a 515 which was my actually score (129/129/127/130). My scores only ever increased though, I never went down on subsequent practice tests.

To improve my CARS score I would do several CARS passages every morning and spend a lot of time reviewing the reasoning behind the correct answers. Also, the Kaplan outlining method worked for me, but I didn't make detailed outlines just 2-3 keywords to make sure I understood the main points of each paragraph. The actual exam was a blur and somewhat stressful so I think this was a good method to ground myself when doing so many back-to-back passages.

Anyway, I think you'll do great! Don't get caught up on questions you don't know the answers to, this is what happened during my bio section which is why I think my score was lower. I ended up doing the last 3 passages in like 10 minutes haha. Being confident and decisive will greatly help your score.

Thanks for the response! I did the AAMC FL1 a few days ago and got a 515 (132/125/130/128). I will be doing the FL2 soon. I watched all of the Khan Academy Psychology videos. Do you think those are comprehensive?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's great! I actually didn't use the Khan Academy resources but I've heard they're good. I was a neuroscience major and ended up taking a lot of psych classes in undergrad so I had a pretty solid foundation of biology and behavior. I used the Kaplan books to review the sociology content though. Is there a specific type of question you are getting wrong (learning/memory, social interactions, stress, etc.)? I would do content review in that area. Also, the Psych/Soc section tries to test your ability to understand and analyze experimental results which you obviously have a good handle on given your science scores. Keeping this in mind when taking your next FL might help, but 128 is great!

It seems like there are always more psychology/sociology terms that I am unfamiliar with each time I take a practice test. I've went through all of Kaplan's and Khan's material, but the AAMC still surprises me with their questions.

Reactions: 1 user