Exam Vision Loupes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalsam04

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I could not find much information online other than a colleague saying that Exam Vision loupes are great, albeit a little pricier than other companies like Oroscoptic. I was wondering if any forum members here could share their experiences with Exam Vision and what kind of price I'm looking at for their range of loupes. Thanks in advance for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

I have a pair of design for vision 3.5x expanded field. They cost me a pretty penny, and I just bought a pair of lumadent loupes 3.3x at a much cheaper price and I really like them. Look into them.

I have a pair of design for vision 3.5x expanded field. They cost me a pretty penny, and I just bought a pair of lumadent loupes 3.3x at a much cheaper price and I really like them. Look into them.

Did you start @ 2.5x? Is 3.5X better? Would you recommend a dental student start with 3.5X from the get-go?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I had some oroscoptic 2.5x , but I could see so much better with the 3.5x but they are heavy. My lumadent 3.3x is a good balance. I strongly urge you to consider lumadent. They are much cheaper than the competition. I got my loupes in 2 weeks

Reactions: 1 users
Yea I had some oroscoptic 2.5x , but I could see so much better with the 3.5x but they are heavy. My lumadent 3.3x is a good balance. I strongly urge you to consider lumadent. They are much cheaper than the competition. I got my loupes in 2 weeks

I'm considering the HPSP- if I were to get that, then cost would not be an issue: which would you recommend then?

i do a lot of dentistry, so if my loupes were to break it would kill my back. That's why I got a pair of lumadents in addition to my dfv loupes.. If costs weren't an issue, I would get the dfv 3.5x loupes(try them on first). The black metal "buddy holly" frames have been around for decades. As for the light, I would go for the lumadent light. 2 batter packs that lasts for a couple of days can't be beat.

Reactions: 1 users
if cost is not an issue for you go with dfv 4.5 expanded field with their light...

that or eyezoom orascoptic and their discover light

Reactions: 1 user
I'm considering the HPSP- if I were to get that, then cost would not be an issue: which would you recommend then?

an HPSP rep came to my school on a recruiting trip. He talked about this and said don't expect the military to get you the fancy pants equipment. They would get you a mid-grade ones that are usable and fair.