Examcrackers 1001 and audio osmosis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lady bug

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those that used these materials, did you find them helpful? What is audio osmosis like?

Members don't see this ad.

I had Audio Osmosis but never found the time to use it believe it or not. It was hard for me to listen to it while I was doing something else. I plan on using it in the next few months as a review to keep things fresh.

How did people find the 1001's?

1001 is good, but you gotta really want to ace the MCAT if you want to go through those books half sane. I thought they were good but not for MCAT passages, just for complete reinforcement of concepts so there is no doubt in your mind that you know every MCAT topic in and out. Also, make sure you do full lengths in between or else you will not think as an MCAT test taker, and rather as a student in an intro science course. (BTW, if you start thinking like that, you will soon learn that MCAT passages are all about how you perform, not what you know). Glad to help.

Members don't see this ad :)
samoa, did you use all the 1001 books? If not, which ones did you think were best?

With the responses we received about the bio section on the previous MCAT, hopefully EK will release a 1001 Biology book.

i agree with the above poster on the 1001 books.

as for the audio osmosis, I dont think I got as much out of it as I thought I would have. maybe they should have done some videos. Im more of a visual learner than I am over audio.

But I do think the 1001 helped with a greater understanding of the materials than I had before and they're application. But some passages would have been great. maybe they can provide those in the future as i think they would be as valuable as the 1001 questions are.

When I first got the Audio Osmosis CD's, I thought they were great. I didn't listen to all of them because I didn't need to. The jokes that are interdispersed are mostly goofy, but they mean well (it kind of made me wonder just who the average MCAT test taker was....think Star Trek groupie).

I didn't think it helped a whole lot just by listening. You really need to look at the books while they're talking. One good thing about the CD's is that they continually reinforce that the MCAT will only test basic science and "this is all you need to know".

However, when the real test came up, I'm not so sure. I felt like I knew those concepts pretty damn well, but struggled mightily on a lot of passages.

Overall, I'd say get them if you feel you need some help with the basic concepts. If you think you're past that, don't waste your money.

The physics 1001 definately helped, I would recomend it to anyone with doubts in physics.

I used the EK books and Audio Osmosis to prepare for the MCAT this time around. Oh and I used the 101 Verbal book. I honestly felt much better coming out of the test this time...PM me if you have questions.

I used Orgo and Physics 2001. I would highle recommend Physics. Be careful with the answers. There are some typos. I used their VR 101 passages. I did not find as good as science books though. Every passage would have a question that is either worded jsut bad or has an answer that does not make sense, EK needs to work moreo on that book.

Originally posted by Samoa
Lady bug!!!!!!! Empty out your PM file so I can write you back!!!!!+pissed+

Samoa.....sorry about that! It should be fine now.

101 VR has some typos... not that big of a deal. Otherwise I feel it is much much harder than Kaplan or Princeton Review material. I don't think it is a perfect match for the MCAT, maybe a bit harder. But hey you hear about people feeling the MCAT was harder than expected- maybe the tests should be hard. Heh, who knows. I'd say get as many practice passage as possible and do them all when you're in the right mood