Quantcast

ExamKracker 1001 questions.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cowsgomoo

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2004
Messages
684
Reaction score
0
Hey everyone
Has anyone used the MCAT examkracker books for there preparation for the DAT. They would be good practice problems if they were representative of the ones you get on the DAT it self. Does anyone else have any other sources of straight problems not tests?

Thanks for your help.
 

edkNARF

A is A
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2003
Messages
850
Reaction score
1
The only ones that really apply are the General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry book. I would say the Organic Chemistry book was more helpful for me. Don't expect to get all your prep from ExamKracer, do your Kaplan too!

PS-In the future, you might want to post DAT questions in the DAT forum. Some members might not post to a thread in the wrong forum.
 

cowsgomoo

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2004
Messages
684
Reaction score
0
edkNARF said:
The only ones that really apply are the General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry book. I would say the Organic Chemistry book was more helpful for me. Don't expect to get all your prep from ExamKracer, do your Kaplan too!

PS-In the future, you might want to post DAT questions in the DAT forum. Some members might not post to a thread in the wrong forum.

ohh ok sorry.
 

ItsGavinC

Full Member
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2001
Messages
11,748
Reaction score
19
I'll move the thead for you (the DAT forum probably has more people studying for the DAT right now).

I've heard good and bad things about Examcrackers, but don't know how well the questions apply to the DAT. Certainly anything that bolsters or tests your knowledge in DAT-tested subjects can't hurt, although it may go over the bounds of what you are required to know. If you can master that material you will probably do well on the exam, but there are also other ways to study specifically for the DAT.
 

x-linked

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
ItsGavinC said:
I'll move the thead for you (the DAT forum probably has more people studying for the DAT right now).

I've heard good and bad things about Examcrackers, but don't know how well the questions apply to the DAT. Certainly anything that bolsters or tests your knowledge in DAT-tested subjects can't hurt, although it may go over the bounds of what you are required to know. If you can master that material you will probably do well on the exam, but there are also other ways to study specifically for the DAT.

its useless dont buy it. get the kaplan practice tests for DAT OR MCAT
 

rescuer

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
I took both the MCAT and DAT and found that the latter is significantly easier than the former. Any of the MCAT guide, if partly used in accordance with the ADA syllabus, will assuredly help you get good scores for the sciences. The following DAT guides have also been proved to be helpful for natural sciences and maths:

TopScore, Kaplan, DAT Achiever, and DAT Professor. These guides come complete with detailed answer solutions where you may similarly treat them as straight problems if need be.
 

Dr. Rose

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2003
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
I used examkrackers after hearing tons of people from last years application cycle rave about it. I found the 1001 OChem questions to be very similar to the DAT I took. I was so confident in OChem when I got there and my score showed it.
 

organichemistry

*********
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
509
Reaction score
0
Dr. Rose said:
I used examkrackers after hearing tons of people from last years application cycle rave about it. I found the 1001 OChem questions to be very similar to the DAT I took. I was so confident in OChem when I got there and my score showed it.



i have a question about the Examkrackers 1001 O-Chem questions. Since the test is built for the MCAT, is there a lot of passage based questions in there? Obviously, I'd rather see 1001 standalone questions rather than a whole bunch of passages!
 
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
Top