Examkrackers 30-min exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luckyt66

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How would you guys rate the quality of these exam questions and the explanations too??

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Those were a key part of my studying and were excellent for both getting used to the MCAT style of questions as well as for content review. I think they match the MCAT pretty well, although some MCAT passages may be a little more complex. In terms of content, they are very accurate in what they test. Those mixed with the AAMC FLs was what I used for preparing. The explanations were pretty good, I don't recall too many times where I didn't understand why I got it wrong after reading the explanation.

I thought they were harder than the actual MCAT and far more difficult than the AAMC FLs. Although they are harder, I like that they are usually tough. Also, the MCAT and most FLs usually have you synthesize two topics together which EK's 30 minute exams don't do. However, they're supposed to help you gain a better understanding of the topic you just read. Overall, they're definitely worth the practice despite being tougher.

When I took the mcat (about 4 years ago) I thought they were way harder than the real thing. Make the real thing look like child's play.

Members don't see this ad :)
The explanations can be shotty at best - sometimes there isn't really an explanation. However, like others have said, the questions are much more difficult than what are on the AAMC FLs. The questions are very detail-oriented (since, as SN2ed mentioned, they are designed to review what you just went over), which isn't typically what the MCAT is like.

That said, it's good to practice on the hard material. It makes the FLs seem so much easier.

I agree they are harder in the sense that they are more content and detail oriented. They have the right feel as compared to the actual MCAT too. The major difference that I was trying to say was that the passages themselves aren't as complex as the real MCAT seems to be, even if the questions are harder. Slightly different but excellent practice either way.