Examkrackers MCAT 101 passages books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Foggybrain

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Could you please provide me with your thoughts on the Examkrackers 101 MCAT Passages practice books, if familiar with them? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

There seem to be generally mixed to mildly positive reviews of the book series. Most people I talk to say they're helpful, but as a good resource before you use the gold standard ones like ones from the aamc.

I personally was always a big fan of the cars, but it was certainly challenging.

David D MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Disclaimer: I spent some time on the writing team and a couple of my passages and questions are floating around the EK exams/ books.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed with above. Some of these passages are exceedingly difficult, and while some may like this, it’s not my vibe. There are also a number of typos (I’m not sure if these have been corrected in newer edition(s)). I haven’t worked the CARS book, but have worked select passages from the 5 other books. FWIW, I found EK‘s 101 books in Bio 1 (“Molecules” aka Biochem + Cell Bio) and Bio 2 (“Systems” aka Physiology) to be more useful than P/S, Physics, or Chemistry. However, I’d still rank these passages behind comparable B/B passages from TBR, UWorld, and of course AAMC.

Agreed with above. Some of these passages are exceedingly difficult, and while some may like this, it’s not my vibe. There are also a number of typos (I’m not sure if these have been corrected in newer edition(s)). I haven’t worked the CARS book, but have worked select passages from the 5 other books. FWIW, I found EK‘s 101 books in Bio 1 (“Molecules” aka Biochem + Cell Bio) and Bio 2 (“Systems” aka Physiology) to be more useful than P/S, Physics, or Chemistry. However, I’d still rank these passages behind comparable B/B passages from TBR, UWorld, and of course AAMC.
Thank you for sharing. Appreciated.

The best part is that they have so many questions. Some are hard and arguably unrealistic, but most are on the mark. The downside is that the answer explanations aren't that great (no detail). There are typos, but you can figure them out in context. I liked them for last minute review in the final weeks of my review.

The best part is that they have so many questions. Some are hard and arguably unrealistic, but most are on the mark. The downside is that the answer explanations aren't that great (no detail). There are typos, but you can figure them out in context. I liked them for last minute review in the final weeks of my review.
I appreciate your input.