Examkrackers vs. Princeton vs. Kaplan MCAT Course Please Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

relyingonjc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to know what courses (Examkrackers vs. Princeton vs Kaplan) people find to be more effective. I have done an extensive amount of research but the information I find is either to0 vague or outdated. I know that the examkracker books are great but I have found little to nothing on their course. I also have realized that it is highly dependent upon the instructor who teaches the course. I am looking at courses in Nashville, TN so if you or anyone has taken any of these courses in this specific area your input would be greatly appreciated. If not, your input is still very much appreciated! Thank you so much

Members don't see this ad.

I took a TPR course and really enjoyed it and found it very helpful, that being said, it does really depend very strongly on how good the instructors are. I would ask around for advice from people in your local area/school, you can also talk to the recruiters and talk them into letting you audit a class or two to see if you like the instructors.

I found all of my TPR instructors to be incredible, but n= 2 at this point. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I did TPR verbal tutoring and found it very helpful!!!

I loved examkrackers for material. I also took the Kaplan course, and what from what I remember, the learning material was good (not great), however the q-bank was fantastic, and the methodology was pretty good imo as well after you figure out how to best modify it for your own purposes. I didn't do TPR. Ended up with a 34, so I can't complain :D.

Thank you so much everyone for your input. I did get in contact with the Princeton review recruiter but unfortunately there are no classes currently being offered at this time so I will be unable to audit the course. However, the recruiter informed me of the average score improvements which were anywhere from 8-10 points. The only thing is this was based off of their diagnostic tests.

I have heard rave reviews concerning examkracker material, and was really interested in taking the course. The only thing is the examkracker course is fairly new in Nashville,TN. Their very first course launched in February so I have not heard anything about how effective the instructors are in this particular course.

Concerning Kaplan, I have not done an extensive amount of research regarding the Kaplan course in TN. I was a little uncomfortable with the fact that there will be one instructor teaching all of the subjects. I am definitely going to look more into however.

Regarding the books, which ones do you think closely mimic questions and content that may be found on the MCAT?

The courses are over-priced and not very helpful, from what I've heard. Better to study your ass off on your own time and save the $2000 or however much for applying more broadly to med schools, and for purchasing every AAMC practice test you can get your hands on.

Hello,

I would like to know what courses (Examkrackers vs. Princeton vs Kaplan) people find to be more effective. I have done an extensive amount of research but the information I find is either to0 vague or outdated. I know that the examkracker books are great but I have found little to nothing on their course. I also have realized that it is highly dependent upon the instructor who teaches the course. I am looking at courses in Nashville, TN so if you or anyone has taken any of these courses in this specific area your input would be greatly appreciated. If not, your input is still very much appreciated! Thank you so much