Is a course called "The Musical Brain" - Neuro 300 Considered in BCPM if cross-listed as music course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Twixmoment

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I got a less than ideal grade on a course I took as a freshman that I would rather not be included in my BCPM GPA. The course name is NBB (neuroscience) 300, but is also cross-listed as a music course (MUS 309). On my transcript, it shows NBB (neuroscience), but frankly the course was more music oriented than science oriented. If I listed the course as a music course rather than a science/neuroscience course, would this be considered dishonest?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The actual rule for multidisciplinary courses is to go with the majority of content. So if it was mostly a music course like you say, then you should have no issues.

Worst comes to worst, I think the people who verify your app would just change the classification on you. But I don't think you'd be accused of lying for putting a music course as a music course.

But there are people on this board who have a lot more experience than me who might tell you differently.

Reactions: 1 user
Also check you institution’s policy for transcripts. I had a course cross listed as both nutrition and ecology and was able to make the course labeled as nutrition even though I had originally registered as ecology.

Reactions: 1 users