Example of jobs that i have encountered in last couple of weeks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Podiatrist
Boston, Massachusetts
Full Time

BE Or BC

Steward Health Care, Carney Hospital, Dorchester, MA
Steward Health Care is currently seeking a board certified/board Podiatrist to join the staff at Carney Hospital in Dorchester, MA in a full-time role. A competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package is provided that includes malpractice insurance, generous CME time and allowance, and retirement plan.
Carney has proudly served the City of Boston and neighboring communities since 1863.The 159-bed acute care hospital has more than 300 physicians and delivers quality care to approximately 37,000 patients annually. An affiliate of the Tufts University School of Medicine, Carney Hospital is a teaching hospital, training physicians in Internal Medicine. Carney Hospital provides Boston, Quincy and surrounding communities with convenient, local access to quality primary care, emergency medicine and a range of specialties and subspecialties, including critical care, family medicine, cardiology, neurology, oncology, orthopedics, ambulatory care, and adolescent, adult and geriatric psychiatry.
Steward's unique health care service delivery model leverages technology, innovation, and care coordination to keep patients healthier. With a culture that prioritizes agility, resourcefulness, and continuous improvement, Steward is recognized as one of the world’s leading accountable care organizations. The Steward Health Care Network includes thousands of physicians who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and states across the U.S. including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
All inquiries will remain confidential.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply
Contact Information
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, or would like to apply, please contact:
Megan D’Eramo, Regional Director, Network Development
Phone: 617-791-7063
Email:
[email protected]

Reactions: 1 user
Podiatry - Physician - Tyler, TX
Tyler, Texas
Full Time

CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic in Tyler, Texas is seeking a dynamic and team orientated Podiatrist to join its established practice. The physician will work alongside 4 other DPMs to provide outstanding patient care. The practice will be located in a new four story state-of-the-art orthopedic center opening in summer 2021.
Benefits Include:
  • Competitive compensation and benefits
  • Collaborative practice environment
  • Signing Bonus
  • $10K Relocation Assistance
  • CME Allowance
  • Malpractice Coverage
  • EPIC EMR
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic:
  • The area’s preferred multi-specialty medical group
  • A physician led group with its own board of directors
  • A national leader in patient satisfaction and quality initiatives
  • CHRISTUS Health Physician Recruiter
Requirements:
3 Year Residency and Fellowship Training Preferred.
Must be licensed in the state of Texas or be eligible to be licensed in the state of Texas
For more information, please contact Richelle Howell, CHRISTUS Health Recruiter,
Email: [email protected]
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic and CHRISTUS Physician Group are multi-specialty medical groups with more than 1,000 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers. Our clinicians represent more than 60 specialties in over 140 clinic locations across 4 states - Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, and New Mexico. CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic and CHRISTUS Physician Group are physician led and governed medical groups and are a part of the CHRISTUS Health family.

Members don't see this ad :)
Podiatry - Physician - Tyler, TX
Tyler, Texas
Full Time

CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic in Tyler, Texas is seeking a dynamic and team orientated Podiatrist to join its established practice. The physician will work alongside 4 other DPMs to provide outstanding patient care. The practice will be located in a new four story state-of-the-art orthopedic center opening in summer 2021.
Benefits Include:
  • Competitive compensation and benefits
  • Collaborative practice environment
  • Signing Bonus
  • $10K Relocation Assistance
  • CME Allowance
  • Malpractice Coverage
  • EPIC EMR
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic:
  • The area’s preferred multi-specialty medical group
  • A physician led group with its own board of directors
  • A national leader in patient satisfaction and quality initiatives
  • CHRISTUS Health Physician Recruiter
Requirements:
3 Year Residency and Fellowship Training Preferred.
Must be licensed in the state of Texas or be eligible to be licensed in the state of Texas
For more information, please contact Richelle Howell, CHRISTUS Health Recruiter,
Email: [email protected]
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic and CHRISTUS Physician Group are multi-specialty medical groups with more than 1,000 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers. Our clinicians represent more than 60 specialties in over 140 clinic locations across 4 states - Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, and New Mexico. CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic and CHRISTUS Physician Group are physician led and governed medical groups and are a part of the CHRISTUS Health family.

The best part of my hospital employed gig is that I don't have to deal with other podiatrists. I would hate to join a hospital practice where there are several already employed. Doesn't sound fun at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
The best part of my hospital employed gig is that I don't have to deal with other podiatrists. I would hate to join a hospital practice where there are several already employed. Doesn't sound fun at all.
Totally agree. I love being the only option. My last job I joined another podiatrist in an MSG. Joining one with 4 others - shoot me.

Hell, I get to say I don't have to deal with another pod within 2 hours of me...if you don't like me then get in the car and drive.

Reactions: 2 users
@NewPodGrad2019 are those surgical positions?

I have no idea. These are job boards that I signed on to since when I was a resident so I still get the emails for new job openings. @G0dFather created this tread for us to post job listings to help others so that is what I am doing. I am in no way affiliated with any of these postings.

I have no idea. These are job boards that I signed on to since when I was a resident so I still get the emails for new job openings. @G0dFather created this tread for us to post job listings to help others so that is what I am doing. I am in no way affiliated with any of these postings.

No godfather made this thread to post “gotcha’s” about MSG/Hospital jobs that supposedly don’t pay what MGMA and Sullivan Cotter surveys say that they pay. Not to mention I thought posting job ads was against the TOS around here

No godfather made this thread to post “gotcha’s” about MSG/Hospital jobs that supposedly don’t pay what MGMA and Sullivan Cotter surveys say that they pay.

LOL at MGMA and SC ... YEAH... GODFATHER made this thread to CALL OUT the $300K+ hospital msg ortho job BS that is peddled on here ... there is yet to be a posting of that stature i might add .... oh thats right you actually HAVE to COLD CALL and you might land that full of demands job that you called them for

Just got this one emailed to me recently.. very interesting way of compensation

Group is seeking a BC/BE Podiatrist.

Group Info: A multi-specialty group comprised of over sixty five physicians and thirteen nurse practitioners, where each and every doctor maintains his or her own individual medical practice, while benefiting from the economies of scale of a group practice and sharing equally in the success of the group as a whole. This group firmly believes in the importance of the different perspectives individual members bring to managing the day-to-day operations and future direction of the group. This group is owned and managed by its member physicians. Immediate professional and business benefits not readily available to doctors practicing medicine with other groups or privately will be yours as part of the group. On the professional side, the doctors can rely on direct multi-specialty consultations and assistance from members of the group. Your patients also have the benefit of preferential consultations at the earliest possible time. A unified charting system keeps complete patient records at hand and assures quality care.

Financial: - Comprehensive benefit package, 4 weeks vacation and CME - Your income for the first two years will be based upon a negotiated salary - After that time, a combination of your individual billing, the group' s collection rate and your individual overhead will be used to compute salary. - Contracts with doctors call for semi-monthly income, enabling group members to plan necessary personal expenses. - Of course, a formal and equal on-call schedule is in effect with seniority preference only after the age of 60. - A well-organized and successful pension plan is available to you. - The group provides individual consultation on financial documentation and tax preparation at the end of each year.

A BEAUTIFUL ENVIRONMENT TO LIVE IN - Upstate New York - 60 miles from Syracuse, NY - 90 miles from Albany, NY - A friendly, uncongested community located in the rolling hills of Central New York, providing an ideal environment in which professionals and their families can live and work. - An hour south of the Adirondack Park - one of the nation' s most scenic mountain playgrounds. - A short drive to the west lies the recreational Finger Lakes region. - The Thousand Islands, Cooperstown and Saratoga are nearby. - And many of the great cities of the east are within easy driving distance, including Boston, Toronto, Montreal, Washington, D.C., New York City, and Philadelphia. - The area' s public and parochial schools rate among the best in the country. - Nearby colleges and universities include Utica College of Syracuse University, Mohawk Valley Community College, State University of New York Institute of Technology at Utica-Rome, Hamilton College, and Colgate University. - For entertainment and activities there is a diverse offering of restaurants, a zoo, the symphony, touring Broadway plays, the Munson-Williams-Proctor Institute art museum, a children' s museum, a repertory actors' theater, and many other assets that make this area a vibrant, growing city and a great place for people to live.

Another one ... no matter how much i tried they wouldn't tell me the salary but my guess is this would have to be one of the higher paying jobs touted on here

Good morning, we have an opportunity in Indiana that may interest you. Here are the specifics:
Details:
Podiatry opportunity:
  • Board Certified or Eligible physicians only
  • Visa accepted: No
  • Practice type: Hospital Employed
  • Setting: Traditional
  • Position: Full time
  • Call: 1:3
  • EPIC EMR
  • Join 2 others in an established office less than an hour from downtown Chicago. They have NP support.
Benefits:
  • Competitive salary (Contract bonuses off RVU’s)
  • Sign on
  • Relocation
  • Comprehensive benefits
  • Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
  • Retirement plan options
  • Licensure reimbursement: license, CSR, DEA, Dues/Subscriptions
  • PTO
  • CME
  • 25 miles to downtown Chicago
  • 25 miles to Indiana Dunes State Park
  • International airport: 30 minutes
  • About the area: Access to an abundance of cultural activities and world renowned museums that only a world class city can offer.

About the area: Access to an abundance of cultural activities and world renowned museums that only a world class city can offer.

And I'm sold.

Funny story, back when I was looking for a job.
Found on LinkedIn, a podiatry position offering 200k starting for Monday-Friday work. Doesn't provide any more details. Put my CV, and three hours later I get a call.

Lady on the phone says "Yes, we have a position available, it is very exciting and we are looking for someone to start right away. The owner has lots of nursing homes available."

I was like "Oh, it's nursing homes?" and the lady replied "yes...." and I replied, "Ok I am sorry but I'm going to have to pass". Lady hung up on me right after I said pass lol.

And I'm sold.

Funny story, back when I was looking for a job.
Found on LinkedIn, a podiatry position offering 200k starting for Monday-Friday work. Doesn't provide any more details. Put my CV, and three hours later I get a call.

Lady on the phone says "Yes, we have a position available, it is very exciting and we are looking for someone to start right away. The owner has lots of nursing homes available."

I was like "Oh, it's nursing homes?" and the lady replied "yes...." and I replied, "Ok I am sorry but I'm going to have to pass". Lady hung up on me right after I said pass lol.

LMAO !!

Members don't see this ad :)
$250K Podiatry
Ideal Benefits and Schedule

Podiatry - Flexible Schedule, Great Compensation

• M-F, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., no call schedule
  • $250,000 guaranteed base salary for 2 years + production
  • $49 per wRVU, $30k sign on, up to $150K for student loans, $15K for relocation, +$4K per year for CME
Podiatry - No Competition and Modern Office/Technology

• No competition being the only podiatrist in county
  • 4 exam rooms, private physician office space
  • Newly renovated clinic located inside the hospital
  • Modern technology with Epic EMR available
  • Facility offers both surgical and non-surgical care
Ideal Location Close to Urban City

$250K Podiatry

• $49 per wRVU, $30k sign on, up to $150K for student loans, $15K for relocation, +$4K per year for CME

I got that email too. Also one for a West Virginia hospital a couple weeks ago

$250K Podiatry

Hope more and more of these pop-up and put a good squeeze on greedy private practice owners.

$250K Podiatry

where'd you find this? I mean what site?

West Virginia Podiatry!

Seeking a BC/BE Podiatrist to join an established practice!

• Hospital Employed position
  • Outpatient clinic setting: Monday- Friday
  • Wound Care Clinic 1 day per week
  • Physicians take time off at their discretion; excellent work-life balance
  • Guaranteed base salary for 2 years plus wRVU production bonus
  • Signing bonus, relocation reimbursement, CME and paid malpractice
  • Comprehensive benefits, including health, life, dental, vision, disability and 401K retirement plan with match
Community

• Beautiful riverfront city offering small town living with all the amenities of a large metro!
  • Home to several parks, museums, private country clubs and performing arts center!
  • Check out our many live events, concerts, festivals, art galleries and symphony orchestra!
  • Abundant recreational activities available all year long!
  • Enjoy hiking, biking, backpacking, ATV riding, whitewater rafting, zip lining and more!
  • An array of shopping options boasting everything from unique local shops to national retailers and high-end boutiques!
  • Diverse dining venues from ranging from delicious, down-home cooking to elegant, upscale restaurants!
  • Family-friendly community with affordable housing options, superb public and private schools, and an excellent quality of life!

$250K Podiatry

I got this randomly in my email today too.

Same...I just wonder why it's so cryptic. Just says Iowa. I guess you have to actually send your CV and apply to find out where...
The recruiter wants the referral bonus. If they told you were it was and applied yourself you cut out the middleman.

He obviously put in a lot of work as just about everyone in the country got that email.

You mean jobs like this....

What % of these types of jobs do you think the practice knows they’re only getting someone for a year or three and are fine replacing them regularly? And what % honestly believe they can find someone to be salaried in clinic for $85-100k who will stick around long term?

I think there are more of these jobs than you’d expect, where the owners are so out of touch with current medical salaries that they think the above pay is reasonable. As in, they have no idea that they would have to start a PA at $100k and any worthwhile NP is going to want something more like $140-160k guaranteed. Then again, groups all over the country are filling jobs with contracts like the one linked…

What % of these types of jobs do you think the practice knows they’re only getting someone for a year or three and are fine replacing them regularly? And what % honestly believe they can find someone to be salaried in clinic for $85-100k who will stick around long term?

I think there are more of these jobs than you’d expect, where the owners are so out of touch with current medical salaries that they think the above pay is reasonable. As in, they have no idea that they would have to start a PA at $100k and any worthwhile NP is going to want something more like $140-160k guaranteed. Then again, groups all over the country are filling jobs with contracts like the one linked…
And shame on ACFAS for allowing this type of job to be posted

wow i was looking for this thread as well lol

check out what hit my inbox as well

$250K POD​

$250K Podiatry

• 1 hour from urban city with access to several sites including museums, a state park, and a historical district
  • Various local cultural events such as live music, Iowa's first planetarium, and ever-changing museum exhibits
  • Access to numerous recreational and outdoor activities

Last edited:
And shame on ACFAS for allowing this type of job to be posted

I don’t think they have any control over what gets posted. They don’t run that job board site, just partner with the company that does. They’ve had non surgical jobs before. They’ve also had a job that was clearly only looking for MD/DO F&A ortho. It was funny imagining them getting hundreds of useless applications from Podiatrists