excessive REM sleep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonypappa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, i am just a punter.

i wonder if anyone here has any insight into my problem.

i don't have refreshing sleep. first it takes me ages to get to sleep, but then i feel as like maybe i have too much REM sleep or something - i feel like i dream ALL night and it is always exhaustive, incident based dreams - like a rukus has happened, i am on alert, having arguments, i am getting sniped, getting chased with legs seizing up, fighting, falling, feeling weightless in an elevator, etc...

i have researched and tried all sorts before bed - GABA, melatonin, L-tryptophan & green tea capsules... and they all do the same thing (at least to some degree) - they give me shortness of breath, numb left arm (sort of heart attack-like), mega insomnia, very restless - the feeling of REM whilst awake. very unpleasant and am absolutely f***ed the next day for work.

i feel also maybe my circadian rhythm clock is inverted - i feel mentally sharp around 11pm at night, like a real human should and have tiredness and mental fog all during the day. i also have aches after i wake up and for hours after, i think from having mental and exhausting dreams all night. also i always feel the need to sleep at 7pm... if i shut my eyes i can go to sleep very easily. it is almost unstoppable, though if i bothered to get up and slap myself i could avoid it, but am just too tired to do that.

should i invest in a SAD light? i am in scotland, but don't feel as if it is overly dull all the time.

does anyone have any input (don't feel as if i am depressed)

is there anything i could try to see if it improves the situation any? (don't want to go see a doctor about it)

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
is there anything i could try to see if it improves the situation any? (don't want to go see a doctor about it)

You may not want to see a doctor about it, but that's exactly what you SHOULD do. Don't rely on an internet message board to diagnose and treat your medical problems.

Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.