Exempla St. Joseph's in Denver / USAP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gtb

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got a call from staffing recruiter looking for locums to fill positions at Intermountain Healthcare's St. Joseph hospital in Denver beginning March 2023. It's a recruiter giving details, so take the information with a 'grain of salt.' Was told, USAP lost the contract, hospital is bringing anesthesiology in house with docs being employed by Intermountain (or maybe Colorado Permanente), there will be no midlevels to supervise (got the impression midlevels are going away), and the contact is a Colorado Permanente doc.

I know that Intermountain Healthcare merged with SCLHealth last year, and now operates 33 facilities in the rocky mountains. Wondering if it's true that USAP is no longer at St. Joes in Denver, and if Colorado Permanente is going to run the hospital for Intermountain.

Anyone know what's going on at that specific facility and/or Intermountain Health facilities throughout the rocky mountains?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
@gtb I took down this post & directed the new member to the housing forum.
Thanks, wysdoc

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Got a call from staffing recruiter looking for locums to fill positions at Intermountain Healthcare's St. Joseph hospital in Denver beginning March 2023. It's a recruiter giving details, so take the information with a 'grain of salt.' Was told, USAP lost the contract, hospital is bringing anesthesiology in house with docs being employed by Intermountain (or maybe Colorado Permanente), there will be no midlevels to supervise (got the impression midlevels are going away), and the contact is a Colorado Permanente doc.

I know that Intermountain Healthcare merged with SCLHealth last year, and now operates 33 facilities in the rocky mountains. Wondering if it's true that USAP is no longer at St. Joes in Denver, and if Colorado Permanente is going to run the hospital for Intermountain.

Anyone know what's going on at that specific facility and/or Intermountain Health facilities throughout the rocky mountains?
You should absolutely take whatever a locums recruiter says with a grain of salt especially compensation. National hourly rates for anesthesiologists are $300-450/hour. CRNAs are getting $220-280/hr. Don't let them low ball you or try to convince you to take less money.

St. Joseph's Hospital is awful to work at as an anesthesiologist. I can not stress enough--do NOT work there. The inefficiency is horrendous, and the staff office will not have your back if there are issues with safety. Residents at SJH Denver are the worst I've seen in my career. For instance taking 2 hours to do a cholecystectomy. Many of the nurses are travelers with low skill/knowledge to support you as a physician. The disrespect and working conditions at SJH are horrendous. Ask any anesthesiologist in the Denver metro area, and they'll tell you stories of getting written up for no reason.

Reactions: 1 users