Exercise Physiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JaeSal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a quick question for anyone that can help. I am a senior at the University of Washington and will be graduating with a degree in Biology. I am applying to physical therapy school this fall and I am having a real difficult time trying to find an exercise physiology course. I need this course for University of the Pacific and Samuel Merritt. It is offered at Seattle University in the spring but I am looking for an online course so I can take it this winter. Does anyone know of any colleges that offer this course online? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,
I have a quick question for anyone that can help. I am a senior at the University of Washington and will be graduating with a degree in Biology. I am applying to physical therapy school this fall and I am having a real difficult time trying to find an exercise physiology course. I need this course for University of the Pacific and Samuel Merritt. It is offered at Seattle University in the spring but I am looking for an online course so I can take it this winter. Does anyone know of any colleges that offer this course online? Any help would be great. Thanks!

you most likely won't find something online since most exercise phys classes have a lab component (that I can't imagine how it would be done online). Best bet is to find the Kinesiology (or exercise biology...whatever your school may call it) dept in your school if it has one and talk to a one of their counselors to see what is normally an acceptable substitute since they have probably dealt with it before. If your school doesn't have one, I would check another 4 year university. I seriously doubt a 2 yr would have it.

Yea, it's been real frustrating! I have I've checked the Kinesiology courses offered around the area and tried emailing UOP and Sam Merritt but every time they give me negative response saying that it won't fulfill their requirements. This may force me to move with my family in California for 3 months to take care of this pre-req. I will keep searching and hopefully I'll be able to take this course while still living in Seattle.

You might try the University of Texas Telecampus: http://www.telecampus.utsystem.edu/

They have a graduate-level Exercise Physiology course: http://www.telecampus.utsystem.edu/index.cfm/4,917,82,56,html
Being a senior biology major I believe you would have no trouble with this course (I have taken it). They are offering it this spring through University of Texas at Tyler. I would contact the instructor, Dr. James Schwane, jschwane (at) uttyler.edu to see if you could get in as a non-degree student. Good luck.