Exodontia Sites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fafooden

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi!

i want to know some exodontia sites related to local anesthesia and its techniques specially. i have searched a lot but the sites i got are not that good. so kindly help me....

Members don't see this ad.

When my class cycled through the anesthesia course in school, I remember seeing a video made by the pharmaceutical company AstraMerck which showed all the local block techniques, both maxillary and mandibular. For the maxillary, in addition to infiltration, the tape also showed block anesthesia administered to the pterygopalatine fossa.

Maybe you can contact AstraMerck and ask about obtaining a copy. Very useful!

While I was shadowing my dentist couple of weeks ago, I saw a local anesthetic technique that was fairly new (at least to me)....the intraosseous technique.

Numb the labial gingiva and then perforate through the cortical plate bone and then a special delivery needle is used to administer the anesthetic. My dentist said that this technique really had helped him comforting his patients through various procedures.

It's called Stabident:

http://www.stabident.com/

Have any of you heard of this or have seen this or even performed this technique?

:cool:

Come to think of it, I'm not sure if this reply has anything to do with the initial post....at any rate, it's still some cool stuff for local anesthetic technique!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yah-E - there is an article on Stabident in this month's JADA. It's a product spotlight or something. Haven't had a chance to read it yet, but it's short, only 2 pages.

Yah-E: i've seen this technique performed by the dentist i shadow as well!! however, he is able to deliver intraosseous anesthetic w/o the use of any special tools as you mentioned with the stabident system. he's been doing it his way for years--it's supposed to be extremely effective in that it can instantaneously numb the tooth w/o numbing the rest of the mouth. i've never seen another dentist perform this technique before~ that's why i'm so excited to hear that you've seen it too! i'm going to have to tell my dentist about this stabident system that's on the market! haha...he'll get a kick out of it~ :laugh:

-wasabi007