Army Experience/Advice regarding the FEDREC Board

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studocplsignore

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if HPSP candidates need to do this, but as someone trying to commission into AMEDD via the Army National Guard as an 00E67, my last step is to go in front of the FEDREC board and be interviewed. It isa panel of three officers, one of which will be from AMEDD and as far as I can tell, basically be asked questions about my application and why I want to join. Of course, I'm a little nervous so I'm wondering if anyone else has been through this process before, what their experience was like, and what was asked of them.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I went through. I made an ass of myself. I passed.

Applying for a commission as an aviator or in the intelligence community? The Board is stressful and requires preparation. Applying for a commission as a medical officer? Be sober, shave, have a military haircut, and show up on time. Medical school interviews are far more stressful...

I went through. I made an ass of myself. I passed.

Applying for a commission as an aviator or in the intelligence community? The Board is stressful and requires preparation. Applying for a commission as a medical officer? Be sober, shave, have a military haircut, and show up on time. Medical school interviews are far more stressful...

That is what I've heard from other people, although my friend who went through the process several months ago seems to consider it much more seriously. Not sure if that's just our unit/base/board or if he's trying to talk it up.