Board Certification Pay - Air Force Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the_world_has_gone_mad

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Likely a very stupid question: Is Board Certification Pay only for AD or also for the reserves? If one is eligible as a reserve physician what needs to be done to actually get it? Primary AFSC is Flight Surgeon which I still require all the training, but I'm a board certified 'civilian' internist. Do I need to list the 'internist' as a secondary AFSC to become 'eligible' for the board certification pay?? Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Likely a very stupid question: Is Board Certification Pay only for AD or also for the reserves? If one is eligible as a reserve physician what needs to be done to actually get it? Primary AFSC is Flight Surgeon which I still require all the training, but I'm a board certified 'civilian' internist. Do I need to list the 'internist' as a secondary AFSC to become 'eligible' for the board certification pay?? Thanks so much!

It is reserves and full time in the Army.

Yup USAR prorates all the AD special pays. You get 1/365th of the AD special pay ( board cert and specialty pay)for every 4 hours of drill.

Sucks to hear about the navy. I guess the navy thinks their snazzy white uniforms make up for not giving reservists special pays.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users