Board Certification Pay - Air Force Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

the_world_has_gone_mad

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Likely a very stupid question: Is Board Certification Pay only for AD or also for the reserves? If one is eligible as a reserve physician what needs to be done to actually get it? Primary AFSC is Flight Surgeon which I still require all the training, but I'm a board certified 'civilian' internist. Do I need to list the 'internist' as a secondary AFSC to become 'eligible' for the board certification pay?? Thanks so much!
 
Likely a very stupid question: Is Board Certification Pay only for AD or also for the reserves? If one is eligible as a reserve physician what needs to be done to actually get it? Primary AFSC is Flight Surgeon which I still require all the training, but I'm a board certified 'civilian' internist. Do I need to list the 'internist' as a secondary AFSC to become 'eligible' for the board certification pay?? Thanks so much!

It is reserves and full time in the Army.