General Admissions & OTCAS Experience Section on OTCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chemstudent9898

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Over the past three years, I have been a nanny for two different families. I got both positions through care.com. I’m having trouble filling out the OTCAS Employment section. Do anyone know if I should put Care.com or Self-employed as the “Organization name” ? Any recommendations will help! Thanks🙂
 
Hi! I don't know for sure how this should be done but I am also a nanny and what I did was list nanny as the position and then I wrote something generic like "family childcare" as the organization. I know it's not an organization but I think your idea of "self-employed" would totally work. Your supervisor for your nannying gigs wouldn't be anyone at care.com so I think it's ok to list self-employed and then the position as nanny! My guess is that they will read it and go "oh, nanny, got it." Good luck!
 
Hi! I don't know for sure how this should be done but I am also a nanny and what I did was list nanny as the position and then I wrote something generic like "family childcare" as the organization. I know it's not an organization but I think your idea of "self-employed" would totally work. Your supervisor for your nannying gigs wouldn't be anyone at care.com so I think it's ok to list self-employed and then the position as nanny! My guess is that they will read it and go "oh, nanny, got it." Good luck!


Awesome, thank you so much!