Experience with pathoma?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc_Ock

First Aid is life
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here who has actually taken their step 1 have any experience with Picmonic? Can't find much info on it, the few people who have commented on it mostly say sketchy is better (which I have access to) but picmonic is really working for me for whatever reason. I watch a video once and EVERYTHING sticks. My only fear is since I'm getting it so easily maybe it's too superficial or not enough detail or something. Any thoughts? First year btw.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone here who has actually taken their step 1 have any experience with Picmonic? Can't find much info on it, the few people who have commented on it mostly say sketchy is better (which I have access to) but picmonic is really working for me for whatever reason. I watch a video once and EVERYTHING sticks. My only fear is since I'm getting it so easily maybe it's too superficial or not enough detail or something. Any thoughts? First year btw.

I like picmonic too. It definitely saved my ass a lot on tests. Sketchy is different in that you can just put a video on and kick back and watch it, while picmonic is more interactive. I like using picmonic for the quizzes.

What I've noticed with sketchy/visual aids is that it sets down context in which to add the other facts about the topic onto. I think that picmonic will do the same thing. I think it comes easy because it's not 25 detached facts crammed into your head.

Too step 1, did very well

Sketchy and Pathoma are 100% Vital with a capital V. All sketchymicro and pathoma videos should be watched multiple times through, especially as you get close to test time.

Just remember, they may be helpful second year, but that’s no substitution for 1) watching them during dedicated, and 2) thoroughly understanding and doing well in your preclinical curriculum.

Members don't see this ad :)
Title says Pathoma...post says Picmonic. Which are you asking about?

I used Pathoma during the year and went through it 2-3x before I hit dedicated. I then used only Boards and Beyond.

I used Picmonic for select topics (tumors, inborn illnesses, biochem diseases, etc.) for boards and class and it was extremely helpful with remembering little details.

Reactions: 1 user
Title says Pathoma...post says Picmonic. Which are you asking about?

I used Pathoma during the year and went through it 2-3x before I hit dedicated. I then used only Boards and Beyond.

I used Picmonic for select topics (tumors, inborn illnesses, biochem diseases, etc.) for boards and class and it was extremely helpful with remembering little details.
lol I meant picmonic, my brain was tired.
I'm a first year, think it's still good to do videos relevant to what I'm doing in class as I go along?

lol I meant picmonic, my brain was tired.
I'm a first year, think it's still good to do videos relevant to what I'm doing in class as I go along?

Yes, if you are going to use Picmonic you should use at as early as possible so that you aren't trying to learn all of them come boards time.